six ✧ roller rink

✧-*•° ✧°•*-

Miles stood shakily, his knees bent and eyes wide in fear

Miles stood shakily, his knees bent and eyes wide in fear. His skin paled as the floor rolled about, the flashing lights disorienting him for a moment. He yelped when a firm hand clamped onto his forearm, dragging him down.

"Motherfucker, don't do that!" Miles cried, smacking Shoto's hand. The half and half boy ignored him, continuing in his effort to drag himself to his feet. Neither of them were used to the four wheels on their feet, roller skating not exactly being any of their hobbies.

"Is homesickness really that much of a bitch?" The youngest Todoroki grumbled, trying to move his feet. He huffed as Ochako glided past him, slinging herself towards the wooden floor.

"C'mon, I grew up in Brooklyn, of course it is," Miles retaliated. "Our roller rinks were just like this one too." Todoroki fell against the circular bench behind him, his grace gone. "I think I'm picking it up again."

The taller boyfriend took the example of a young girl before him by doing practice rounds around the bench. Shoto followed suit, until it felt as smooth as surfing on his own ice.

"Ready, chéries?" Aoyama called out to the couple. Kirishima clung to his hands for dear life, trying to keep himself upright as the blonde boy skated backwards effortlessly. Eijiro attempted to let go once on the smooth wood, but ended up keeping hold of one of Yuga's hands just in case.

Ochako was beginning to show off her skills, twirling as if on ice skates. Eventually she stopped to help teach Tsu a trick, and then went on her way.

"I– I never went rollerskating much as," Midoriya paused to catch his balance as he, Iida, Todoroki, and di Angelo rolled onto the rink, "as a child." The four stayed in a pack and caught each other from breaking their asses on the ground.

It soon became obvious Uraraka and Aoyama were talented, while Asui, di Angelo, and Iida were more average. Midoriya, Todoroki, and Kirishima struggled the most, refusing to be left by themselves.

Multicolored disco lights colored their path and the darkness helped them feel free. They were trapped in the vortex they didn't want to get out of, picking up speed until they no longer could. The breeze felt sensational, and it seemed as if nothing in the world could go wrong.

A variety of songs played across the speakers. Popular Jpop songs, Kpop beats, and even the standard American bops that only Miles could understand. Soon enough, a couple's skate was announced, and all the singles had to flee the scene.

"Au revoir," Aoyama called as he twirled away. Kirishima managed to do the trek to the carpet without him, but stuck close to Midoriya just in case.

"You know what," Miles hummed with a slight blush, "I'm gay and I'm really thirsty."

"Legally, I don't think we're allowed to leave during the couple's skate," Shoto responded. Just to make sure Miles wouldn't try to flee, Shoto grabbed his hand and gripped tightly before leaning his head onto his shoulder. The two skated slowly and glared at anyone who looked at them, refusing to believe anyone else could interrupt their fairy tale.

When it was over, Miles zoomed over to the snack bar and chugged down a Coke like his life depended on it. The eight friends spent another hour together, before Fuyumi showed up with a van and drove them all home.

The ride was silent as everyone tried to soothe the swaying feeling and the aches in their ankles, and soon it was just the two Todorokis and di Angelo in the car.

"See you tomorrow, di Angelo," Fuyumi smiled, and Miles was on his way.