Chapter 4

About a million different things went through my head as Georgy went into details about what he saw in the bathroom earlier that afternoon. I was on my bed listening at times, and then zoning out during other periods.

I mean, I had so many questions! Was he bicurious or straight up bi? Was that his boyfriend or was it a random hookup? Most importantly, did this mean there was a chance for us to be together?

"Who was the guy?"

"He moved too quick for me to catch his face, but that doesn't matter."

I sat up, "How does it not matter? If that's his boyfriend then-"

"Trust me; I doubt that was his boyfriend. I didn't need to see his face to feel his energy: desperate and dusty! Doesn't sound like Jose's type in the long run."

I laid back down on the bed, "How do I approach him about this? What if he's not even out? That could make things awkward and ruin our budding friendship as it is."

"Then coax it out of him, Landon."

"Your version of coaxing or mine?"

"My version of coaxing has these niggas obsessed, no Beyoncé," Georgy started, "but no. You don't need to be sexual, just be directly indirect."

I shrugged. It was something I could pull off, at least I thought I could.

"When was the last time y'all had a one-on-one?"

"Not since the Freshman Freak Week party."

"I think it's about time we change that, don't you? Phone."

I handed Georgy my phone after using my thumbprint to open it.

"Hey! Whatchu doing tomorrow evening?" Georgy read aloud the text he typed and sent out.

It was less than a minute before the 'Ding!' sound from my phone filled the room.

Georgy smirked, "A quick replier, that's a good sign," he mocked Jose's voice, "Nun, why do you ask?"

"Because you're taking me out-"

"Uh uh!" I interjected, "You know I'm not that direct."

Georgy groaned and rolled his eyes before deleting the text, "My roommate told me I need to do more than go to class and come back to the dorm. Wanna hang out?"

"That's much better, albeit a hint of shade was detected."

"The truth hurts sometimes, boo. Better to hear it from someone who loves you, right?"

Now I was the one rolling my eyes, but Georgy had a point. My social life was lacking, and if Jose and I could get closer as a result of going out more, I was all for it.

'Ding!' Georgy opened the text, "I'd be happy to break you out of your reclusive habit," he read. "Soon enough, he'll be breaking your back too," he teased me.

I laughed as I sat back up, "So, was that a yes?"

"Yep! 6:30 tomorrow evening outside Glenn Hall! Get ready chile!"

We both squealed with delight over the thought of my upcoming date.. or non-date.

---

Kynsey, Natalia, and Mae were all hanging out in Kynsey's dorm. Natalia typed away furiously on her laptop to get an essay that was due by midnight done while Mae read her assigned novel to prep for tomorrow's pop quiz.

Neither girl was paying attention to Kynsey, who sat on her bed fuming. Smoke may as well had been coming out of her head the way she was about to go off. After checking her phone for the eleventh time only to see no new messages, "WHERE THE FUCK IS THIS NIGGA?!"