Chapter 19

Georgy, Landon, and Mae entered a club that was blaring loud music and had people bumping, grinding, twerking, and wining all over each other. There was a sign to their left, 'Kappakaze Saturday.' An infamous party that the Kappas threw during the spring semester.

"Are you sure you're okay with being here?" Landon asked Mae.

She nodded confidently, "We learned in those meetings that we're not really defeating our addictions if we actively avoid them. Sometimes, you have to come face to face with your demons to know that you can slay them. And I am ready to slay!"

"Amen to that!" Georgy responded.

Landon looked around and saw someone looking in their direction. He leaned over to Georgy and murmured, "Don't turn your head, but a certain someone is looking this way on your right."

The trio kept moving along, and Georgy's eyes only slightly maneuvered to the right to see who was staring at them:

Aubrey Johnson

Sure enough, it was Aubrey Johnson, Georgy's DL Kappa boo. He was staring hard too. He stopped glancing over at Georgy once his other boys showed up.

"Okay, so in solidarity with Mae, there will be no drinks tonight. We're in this bitch sober!"

"Which is hella unfortunate, because a lot of these dudes are nawt cute."

Mae snickered over the boys' banter when she saw the group of Kappas walking toward them. "Speaking of which, some Kappas are coming this way, and they all have 'fuckboy' written on their faces."

"Oh joy," Landon said. "Prepare yourselves, y'all."

"I'll handle this, y'all," Georgy assured his friends.

Three kappas approached the trio, they were Tone, Mitchell, and Aubrey.

"Is there anything I can help y'all with?" Georgy asked, managing to get the first word in and throw the Kappas off.

Aubrey stepped aside, knowing that Tone and Mitchell didn't stand a chance against Georgy's wit.

"We, uh, just wanted to say that if your ass came around here looking for an Appletini or some shit, there won't be any here. We serve drinks for men, not bitch-made boys," Tone said.

Georgy yawned, unimpressed, "Honestly, y'all aren't worth wasting a read on, so I'll state some facts instead. One, I can throwback liquor with the best of em'. Two, neither one of y'all could handle whatever else I could throwback."

Landon and Mae laughed, and Aubrey turned his face to stifle a chuckle himself.

"Mane, don't do none of that gay shit-"

"Y'all approached us! You wouldn't need to worry about any 'gay shit' if you stayed the fuck over there! You don't gotta worry about shit from me because neither of you two flops is up to my aesthetic requirements anyway."