Chapter 11

There was that brief moment when I opened my eyes that I had momentarily forgotten the events of last night. Then my vision cleared and I realized I wasn't in my own bed. My eyes widened as memories of the fantastic sex I had Jose last night replayed in my mind. I rolled over to see...he wasn't there?!

"Jose?" I called out as I slowly made my way out of bed. It was a struggle to walk, my body's reminder that I hadn't had my back blown out since my senior prom seven months ago, and the after-effects of that dick would linger for a bit.

I powered through to get to the living room space. He wasn't there either! Did this nigga seriously pump and dump me? But drop me in his own place? What sense did that make?It didn't. My dramatics quickly ceased when I noticed some scrambled eggs on the stove top and bacon, along with a little note on the counter.

"No, you weren't pumped and dumped," I laughed as I read his note aloud, "Had to bounce for a bit and do something. Forgive me? If you do, enjoy breakfast."

"Awwww! My nigga made me breakfast?!" I gushed, but then I stopped. Wait, is he my nigga now, or what? Lines were definitely crossed and this encounter was destined to change our dynamic...right? Ugh, I am absolutely no good at this relationship stuff.

I jumped when I heard a vibrating phone rumble against the countertop. It was exactly where I left it the night before. I looked to see Georgy calling me, my eyes widened knowing he would be worried sick.

"Hello?" I answered bracing myself for the tongue lashing.

"Landon, what the fuck? You had me worried sick last night!" Georgy shouted, "You can't leave me on read like that and not expect me to freak out! Se' wasn't answering his phone neither! I didn't know what happened! I almost called your parents!"

"I'm sorry, Georgy. Things got really heated last night and..." my voice trailed off.

"And what? What did you and Se' even argue about last night? And then what happened after that? Did you storm off and go running over to Malik?"

My face fell at the mention of Malik's name. Fuck, I forgot all about him, "No, that's not what 

happened at all. Jose and I argued. It was a screaming match calling each other out on our shit."

"Oh lawd, and then y'all threw hands?"

"...And then we had sex," I revealed after a deep breath.

I heard Georgy spit out whatever drink he was sipping on at that moment, "BIIIIIITCCCCH!" he screamed before hanging up.

"Georgy? Hello? You still there?"

I rolled my eyes and decided to wait for him to either call back after the initial shock, or wait for Jose to come back around. He picked an awfully shitty time to just bounce like that. This was a big moment for us, wasn't it? So where did he go?

It helped me get to thinking that while I did care for Jose, there was still so much I didn't know about him. Malik has shared more intimate details about himself with me than Jose did, and I've only known him half the time. What was up with that?

I initially tried to take a seat on the couch when my body and my asshole reminded me that putting pressure on my ass was not going to result in anything but more soreness, so I laid on it horizontally instead, waiting for whatever was supposed to happen next.

***

Deion sat outside in the busy Student Commons area with a nervous look on his face as he tried to contact Georgy for the second time in five minutes via FaceTime. He sighed from relief when Georgy, still continuing to move at a power-walking speed, answered the call.

"What?!" Georgy asked.

"Why did you shout 'biiiitch!' and then run off without a word?"

"You know that reaction you have when someone spills some Lipton so hot that it burns your tongue?"

"...No?" Deion replied confused.

"Straight niggas are impossible," Georgy mumbled under his breath, "It's a Level 5 emergency, and I'm needed!"

"This wasn't a level five emergency?" Deion asked. "What happened to moral support?"

"Chile, you don't need me anymore. I did all I can do. Besides, it's a better look to just be on your own. This is about reiterating the fact that it's y'all against the world. So focus on her when she gets there."

Deion took a deep breath, "Aight. I guess so."

Georgy chuckled, "It's cute that you're so nervous, but you got this! Trust me! Y'all will be back to being a corny, boring straight couple by the day's end."

Georgy's comment caused him to smirk, "Thanks, bruh. For real."

Georgy shrugged, "It's nothing. You owe me though!"

"Whatever you need," Deion smiled.

The guys exited the FaceTime conversation, and Deion looked to see that Natalia was coming this way.

She looked around frantically until she spotted Deion and walked toward him, "Hey, have you seen Mae? She texted me telling her to meet me here, and it was urgent. I had a feeling she had something to tell me. Honestly, I probably already know what it is-"

"She's not coming," Deion cut her off.

Natalia looked at Deion confused, "Huh? Why not?"

"I told her to tell you to meet here so we could finally talk."

Natalia's expression went from shocked to upset. She scoffed as she pulled her phone back out, "I'm about to cuss her-"

"No! Her heart was in the right place. Trust me, she didn't make it easy. I basically had to plead with her for a whole hour this morning on why she should help me out here."

"You did not plead,"

"Oh, yes. I did," Deion made sure to reiterate.

Natalia was still skeptical, "You hate merely even asking for help. What makes me you think I'll believe that you begged?"

"That should let you know how serious I am about seeing you and just wanting you to hear me out. Trust me, I asked for all sorts of help with this. Some you wouldn't even believe."

"Like Ricky?"

"Fuck Ricky," Deion said genuinely annoyed just by hearing his name.

This shocked Natalia, who slowly began to believe what Deion was saying.

"And I'm not even going to act like it's his fault for what went down between us. You got mad, and rightfully so, over some stupid shit I recklessly said. And I'm sorry. Truly."

"You don't think I'm some hoe?"

"Hell nah! You've held me down, you check me on my shit when necessary, and you are always there for me when I need you. You're not some hoe, you're..." Deion's voice trailed off before he let out a sigh.

A sly smirk appeared on Natalia's face, as she knew what Deion was struggling to say, "I'm what, Deion?"

"You're not some hoe, you're 'that bitch.'"

"And you better not forget it!" Natalia said while flipping her hair.

Both of them busted out laughing.

"I missed that laugh. I missed you."

Natalia smiled, "I missed you too, Deion," she said before closing the distance between them with a kiss.

The surrounding students in the commons area, who stopped what they were doing to be nosy, started clapping as the two kissed.

The couple broke apart, both annoyed and amused by the attention they were receiving.

"How about we continue our reunion somewhere a little more secluded?" Deion asked.

"Lead the way," Natalia smiled as Deion took her by the hand and led her away from the crowd.