~4~

Your P.O.V.

I couldn't get Klaus out of my head. His smile, his hair, his glasses... It felt too fast but I think I'm falling for Klaus Baudelaire. But it didn't matter, he'd never like me back. I mean what is there to like. I barely go outside, I'm socially awkward, I'm a nerd and I'm not even that pretty. I was lucky to even have him as a friend.

I woke up the next morning and got dressed.

My wardrobe was full of plain dresses. I didn't like flashy outfits.

I sat on the living room couch, reading while Justice made breakfast. It was about 7am. I enjoyed the smell of the sweet batter.

*Knock knock*
I got up, straightened my dress and opened the door.

Y/n: Hello!

Justice: Who is it, Y/n?

She was in the kitchen.

Y/n: It's the Baudelaires

Violet smiled while holding Sunny. I smiled back and glanced at Klaus. He was staring at the floor. He seemed troubled. His messy hair covered his face. As if he was hiding something.

Y/n: Klaus, are you okay?

He nodded, Violet seemed troubled too.

Y/n: Klaus, look at me.

I could tell he was hesitant but he slowly raised his head. I examined his face. At that moment, my eyes widened and I gasped.

Y/n: Oh Dear God! What happened?

I placed my hand on his jaw, tilting his head sideways. He had a huge red scar on his left cheek. It stretched from his ear to his chin. I heard him gulp.

Klaus: Don't worry, I'm fine.

I shook my head, pursing my lips.

Y/n: You don't look fine.
Come in.

They went inside as I shut the door.

Y/n: Violet, Sunny, Aunt Justice is making pancakes. You're more than welcome to join us. I'll take Klaus upstairs to apply some cream on his cheek.

They nodded in agreement and made there way to the dining room. Klaus had been very quiet so far. It was starting to worry me.

Y/n: Follow me