~11~

Klaus's P.O.V.

Count Olaf was talking about Y/n's parents. She then snapped and punched him so hard it made him bleed. To be honest, I was proud of my badass. Then, Count Olaf did something unbelievable, he knocked her out.

She tumbled down to the floor. He grinned mischievously. His troop laughed cruely. I pushed the monster away and ran to Y/n. Violet protectively grabbed Sunny. I checked her pulse. Thank God. She was unconscious not dead. My relief was washed away by rage. I got back up and slung Count Olaf against the wall. We could practically see smoke coming out of my ears. Count Olaf regained his strength and kicked me in the gut. I bent over in agony. He then knees me in the face. I was dizzy and my vision got blurry. He had broken my glasses. He spat on my hair and marched away.

Count Olaf: Watch yourselves, Baudelaires.

Violet ran to me. I was a mess. My glasses were cracked. My face was bruised and blood dropped from my lip.

Klaus: I'm fine. But Y/n isn't.

I carried Y/n up the stairs, bridal style. We brought her to our room and set her down on the bed. Violet took Sunny to the bathroom to wash her, leaving me alone with Y/n.

I ticked her hair behind her ears. I stroked her soft cheek. This was all my fault. Tears rose in my eyes. I couldn't see her properly but I knew that she was beautiful. If only I hadn't let her help us with our chores. If only I hadn't let her fall asleep in this God forsaken house. If only I had protected her. Even though I regretted not being there for her, I didn't regret meeting her. She had becomed so important to me in only a few days. And now she was hurt because of me.
I would've taken her home but Count Olaf might see us walking down the stairs. A tear rolled down my cheek as I whispered:

Klaus: I'm so sorry, Y/n

Violet and Sunny came back. Violet used her invention to lock the door. It was a rainy, foggy day. The rain rythmly tapped the window. Sunny took a nap in the hammock. Violet read to me as I couldn't see much. We stayed this way for hours. Every minute that passed, I got even more worried. Y/n had been unconscious for 3 hours. I checked her breathing every 2 minutes. Suddenly, Violet stopped reading.

Violet: Klaus?

I looked at her and nodded.

Violet: I'm starving.

The kitchen was on the first floor. No way. Count Olaf might be waiting for us to come out. At that moment, an idea rushed through my head. The cookies Y/n had given us a few days prior. I got up and headed towards the bed Y/n laid on. I crouched down and pulled the box from underneath the bed. Violet's eyes sparkled in delight. I sat back down beside her. She opened the plastic box to reveal 12 chocolate chip cookies.

Klaus: We don't know how long we'll be in here.

She nodded.

Violet: We can have one each now. We'll take another one in 3 hours, at 8pm.

Klaus: Ok

I put a cookie down beside sleeping Sunny. Violet and I each took a bite of the sweet treat. They were delicious. We finished it and Violet continued reading aloud.

The clock on the wall stroke 9 pm. Violet went to sleep beside Sunny on their hammock. I sat upright in Y/n's bed. I couldn't bring myself to sleep. All I could think about was Y/n. I was so concerned about her. I stared at the ceiling for hours on end. I teared up a few times in between. Suddenly I heard a weak whisper.

Y/n: Klaus?

I looked at her, tearing up. Thank God. She was awake. She sat up and I hugged her tightly.

Klaus: Are you okay? I missed you so much. I'm so sorry.

I pulled away, letting her breathe. She squinted her eyes, adjusting to the darkness. She stroked my cheek.

Y/n: What happened to your face? Where are your glasses?

I bit my trembling lip.

Klaus: After you passed out, I-I punched Count Olaf, he then kicked me in the gut and in the face, breaking my glasses.

Y/n: Oh, Klaus. I'm so sorry.

Klaus: No. This is all my fault, Y/n.

Y/n: What time is it?

Klaus: I can't tell

She looked at the clock.

Y/n: Oh, god. It's 2 am. I'm not tired.

Klaus: me neither.