~20~

Klaus's P.O.V.

Rewind time

Y/n opened the apartment door. She was so grown-up. Her h/c was tied in a messy bun. Her eyes were still a mesmerizing
e/c. She now had a few freckles on her nose. Her plump lips were a natural red. She wasn't wearing any makeup. She was wearing a nerdy yet comfortable outfit.

 She was wearing a nerdy yet comfortable outfit

She hadn't grown much. Her forehead came up to my eyebrows. She dropped her plastic mug and hugged me. I tightly hugged back. After a few seconds, we pulled away. She invited me inside. She was living in a small yet cozy studio. It was neat and clean. It was a cloudy day.

I sat down on one of the two brown couches. She came back with two cups of tea. She handed me one and sat across from me. God, she was still gorgeous. On the coffee table was a pile of books.

She told me all about the past 14 years. I caught her up on my life. She was still passionate about astrology.

It got dark and she led me to the door. I put on my coat and shoes. She leaned against the door way.

Klaus: Uhm... This might seem odd. But... could I maybe have your phone number?

Y/n: Oh, yeah. Of course.

She typed her number in my phone and handed it back to me. Before leaving, I had to ask her one thing.

Klaus: Y/n?

Y/n: Yes, Klaus.

Klaus: D-Did you keep your promise?

She knew what I was talking about. 14 years ago, before I left, I made her promise something. I made her promise that she had to move on and not dwell on about me.

She looked at her feet and shook her head.

Y/n: I tried. But I never truly got over you. I-I'm sorry, Klaus. I just couldn't let you go.

I shot her a sympathetic smile. I gently lifted her chin. Our eyes met.

Klaus: I never got over you too.

She tiptoed and kissed me. It was a gentle yet passionate kiss. Our lips moved perfectly. I was thrown back to our first kiss. The one on her porch, 14 years ago, when we were 12 years old. Now we were 26 but it seemed like nothing had changed. I was still a nerdy boy and she was still a shy girl. I still loved her. We pulled away. At that moment she got a message on her phone.

Y/n: Oh God, it's the university. They need me to come in.

She stared back into my eyes.

Y/n: I need to go.

Klaus: Can I walk you outside?

Y/n: I'd like that.

We walked into the street. I hailed a cab. It stopped in front of us.

Y/n: I'll walk. It's only 5 minutes away.

I nodded.

Klaus: I hope we can meet up again soon.

Y/n: of course. Message me. Okay?

Klaus: Okay.

I got in the taxi and watched her walk away. There was only one way to describe how I was feeling...

Lovestruck.