~21~

Narrator P.O.V.

Y/n and Klaus met at a coffee shop the next day. They reconnected and bonded.
They hung out more and more. Every Sunday night, the two laid down on the roof and admired the starlit sky.

Y/n visited Violet, Sunny and Beatrice. A month later, while Klaus and Y/n were on the ferris wheel, Klaus aked Y/n to be his girlfriend. She immediately accepted.

They dated for 6 months before Klaus moved in with his love. They shared her studio and Klaus gave his apartment to Sunny on her 18th birthday. Their usual hangouts were the library, the coffee shop and the observatory. Eventually, the couple adopted a kitten and named it Oreo.

2 years into dating

Y/n came home from her job at the university. They were now 28 years old. It was 7 pm on a Wednesday night. She hung her coat on the rack and stroked Oreo's head. On the counter, she found a note.

Dear Y/n,
Meet me on the roof.

-Your bookworm, Klaus

She put her coat back on and climbed the staircase upstairs. She gasped at the sight of Klaus's surprise.

Fairy lights were spread across the floor. A picnic mat was set in the middle. A basket was laying at Klaus's feet. Klaus walked over to her and kissed her cheek. He handed her a daisy bouquet.

Y/n: Sweetheart, what is this?

Klaus: I just thought I'd do something nice for you.

Y/n: Thank you so much. It's beautiful.

The couple sat down on the surprisingly comfortable picnic blanket. They ate pizza and drank wine. After the dinner, Klaus dimmed the lights and got out pillows and blankets. The couple laid down and admired the stars above them.

Klaus: Can I read something for you?

Y/n: Of course. I'd love that.

He got out a book and flipped to the last page. He read.

Klaus: This had been the best month of Sonia's life. Unfortunately, they wouldn't have a happy ending. Theo was moving to Halifax tomorrow.
We always believe our first love is our last, and our last love is our first.

He carefully closed the book and set it beside him. I shot up and our eyes met.

Y/n: W-was that...The Tales of Sonia Groove?

Klaus: Indeed. You gave me this book 16 years ago, before I moved. We were twelve but nonetheless in love. This book is the thing I treasure the most. Every time I was scared, I read a chapter and thought of you. I must've read this over a hundred times. When we found each other two years ago, I knew you were the one. You always have been.

He stood up and offered me his hand. He gently lifted me up and got on one knee. I clapped my hand over my mouth.

Klaus: Y/n L/n, will you marry me?

Tears rolled down my cheeks.

Y/n: Yes, Klaus Baudelaire, I will.

I jumped in to his arms.

Klaus: I love you

Y/n: I love you so much

Time Skip

The wedding took place 5 months later. It was a small gathering, close friends and family. Justice married us. Violet, Isadora and Sunny were bridesmaids. Violet was of course maid of honor. Fiona and Beatrice were flower girls. Duncan and Quigley were groomsmen. It was a sweet ceremony.

The married couple graduated from university. Y/n became a teacher and Klaus a librarian/ researcher. 3 years later, they were expecting a child.

They were 31 years old. The baby girl was born on November 20th. They named her Kit.

Klaus, Y/n, Oreo and Kit were a happy family. Time didn't dilute the love between Y/n and Klaus.
And everytime their eyes met...

They were lovestruck.