~5~

Klaus P.O.V.

She took me to the bathroom, upstairs. She cared so much about me. It made me so happy. To be honest, I was embarassed
I don't know why but I couldn't look at her in the eye.

We entered the marble bathroom. It was amazingly neat. She pulled out two plastic stools from under the sink. I sat down while she went through a cabinet. I stared at myself in the mirror. It was bad. Half my face was red. She pulled out a grey box and sat in front of me. She put the tin box on her lap and popped it open. She paused and looked at me.

Y/n: Can I...

She motioned to my glasses. I nodded.
She carefully leaned in and took off my glasses. I fought back the urge to kiss her. Snap out of it, Klaus. She set the frame on the sink besides the soap bar. My vision got sort of blurry. She then opened the arnica tube and squeezed a bit of the white substance on her index finger. She leaned in again and gently rubbed it on my cheek. Her face was inches away from mine. I stared at her pink lips. Thankfully she didn't notice. She finished applying the white cream and rubbed her hands on a napkin. She closed the tube and shoved it back in the box. She got up and put it away.

Y/n: Stay right here.

She ran out of the room. I tried to look around but I could only see fuzzy shapes. My glasses were still on the sink. I rubbed my eyes. After a moment, she ran back inside.

Y/n: Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot to give you your glasses back.

She giggled. Her laugh was adorable. I saw her lean in and suddenly my vision was back. I smiled. She ruffled my already messy hair. I felt her soft fingers brush through my curly hair. I got up. She grabbed the ice pack she had gotten from the freezer. She got closer to my chest. To my surprise, I was much taller  than her. Her head came up to my eyebrows. She looked up into my eyes. I felt myself blush slightly. She was gorgeous. She got on her toes, grabbing my shoulder for support. She lifted the ice pack to my cheek, applying it gently. I winced in pain.

Y/n: Oh, I'm sorry.

Klaus: it's fine. Thanks for fixing me up

I put my hand on top of hers, holding the ice pack. I saw her blush at the touch of my hand. She removed hers and put the stools back.

Y/n: Let's go

I followed her to the dining room where my sisters were eating pancakes with Justice Strauss. Sunny was eating apple purée.

Justice: About time

We giggled and sat down. She handed us two plates. The stack of pancakes was covered in Maple syrup and berries.

Justice: What happened to your cheek, Klaus?

Klaus: Uhh

Violet: He slipped while mopping the floor. Smashed his face. Poor cluts.

I hastily nodded. I couldn't tell Y/n the truth, she'd blame herself.
We finished breakfast at 9 am. We helped Justice and Y/n do the dishes.

Violet: Thank you both so much. It was delicious.

Justice: Oh, you kids can stay if you want.

Klaus: we'd love to but Count Olaf would be mad. He wakes up at around 10 am.

We made our way to the doorway.

Klaus: Thank you very much, Y/n. For healing my cheek.

Y/n: you're very welcome, Klaus.

I handed her the ice pack.

My sisters and I crossed the street. I prayed that he wasn't up yet. We took a great risk visiting Y/n. He'd be livid if he knew. We looked at the gloomy house.

Sunny: Here we go