~13~

Klaus's P.O.V.

Y/n: I love you

OMG! She must've thought that I was asleep. Sh-She loves me? I was in shock but ecstatic. She felt the same way as I did. I hid my smile. Butterflies invaded my gut. I fell asleep, happy.

The next morning

I woke up and sneaked downstairs. Y/n and my sisters were still asleep. I found a note pinned to the door. It read:
Dear Orfans,
me +my troop, are perfomin a play. We'll be bak in 4 hour. I INSTALED BOOBY TRAPS SO DONT EVEN TRY TO SNEAK OUT!!!
-you're loving faver

I almost gagged reading the letter. How can someone make so many grammatical mistakes in one letter? At least, he left.

I went into the sombre kitchen and checked the fridge. Water, expired milk, an orange, cranberry jam. Inside the cupboards was bread, wasabi, pasta and salt & pepper. I toasted a few slices of bread and covered them with the jam.

I went upstairs and woke up Violet, Sunny and Y/n.

Klaus: Wakey, Wakey. Olaf is gone and I made breakfast!

Violet: Someone's happy today

Klaus: it's a beautiful day, Vi

We went downstairs and ate. I offered Sunny and orange to nibble on.

Y/n: Thank you so much, Klaus. This was great.

Klaus: I'm surprised I could do it without my glasses.

Y/n: About that, I think I can help. We have a optometric lab in our basement.

Violet: Great idea. Thank you very much.

We headed to the door when I remembered.

Klaus: Oh, wait. Count Olaf installed booby traps.

Y/n snorted. Which was surprisingly pretty cute.

Klaus: What?

Y/n: You said 'booby'

I sighed and rolled my eyes playfully at her immaturity.

Violet crouched down, examining something.

Violet: Pathetic. Does he think we're idiots?

Count Olaf had stretched out a copper trip wire. That was connected to an alarm. We stepped over it and walked to the Strauss household.

Y/n: My aunt had a huge case today so she'll be out. Follow me.

We followed her to her basement. She switched on the lights.

Violet: This is amazing.

The walls and floor were a clean white. There was a bookshelf in the far corner, near a couch. A glass cupboard was to our right and a optometric chair was in the middle of the room. Y/n pointed to the retractable chair.

Y/n: Sit. Violet and Sunny, you can sit on the couch.

We followed her instructions as she pulled out a stool and put it beside the chair. She shone a small flashlight in my left eye. She scribbled something on her notepad.

Violet: So, Y/n. How did you get all this?

Y/n: My parents were ophthalmologists.
They taught me everything I needed to now from an early age.

Klaus: God, What can't you do?

She blushed.

She then repeated the same protocol on my right eye. She leaned so close to me. I  accidentally saw down her dress for a quick second. Blood rushed to my cheeks and south the equator (wink wonk. Sorry not sorry). She scribbled something else on her notepad. She then got up and opened a drawer filled with different glasses. She picked a pair out and handed them to me.

Y/n: Try them on

I obeyed and saw perfectly.

Klaus: they're perfect. Thank you

Y/n: you're welcome