~9~

Klaus's P.O.V.

The four of us went up to our bedroom. Sunny took a nap on the uncomfortable bed. Violet sat beside her. Y/n and I sat on the floor, near the window. Violet was making a hammock out of spare sheets while Y/n and I were reading a book from the library. I had chosen
The Incomplete History of Secret Organisations.

The cover had the same symbol as the spyglass I had found in the ruins of my home. Every now and then, I stared at
Y/n. She was beautiful when she read. A few hours ago, when we had found the trap door, I decided to go in first. I am not a brave person. I'm a total coward. But this time was different. She was planning on going down the stairs first. Without thinking, I immediately stopped her and went first. I didnt want her to get hurt or worse. I've lost to many people that I love.

It was now about 10 pm. Violet had just finished the hammock and pinned it to the wall. She fell asleep moments after with Sunny in her arms. Y/n and I were still reading. Or at least I thought. I looked down at her and saw her sound asleep. Her head was between my chin and collarbone. She was calmly breathing. I smiled warmly. God, she was perfect.

I closed my book and put it on the floor near hers. I then got up and carried her to the empty bed. I tucked her in. Suddenly a thought shot through my head. Where would I sleep? Sunny and Violet were in the hammock and Y/n was in the other bed. I couldn't sleep in the same bed as her. It was completely inappropriate. She probably didn't even like me. It felt wrong sleeping beside her without her consent. I took of my vest and crumpled it into a ball. I used it as a pillow as I lay on the hard cold floor.

Y/n: You know you can sleep on the bed too.

She was whispering. I must've woken her up when I tucked her in. I got up and laid behind her in the sheets. This was so perfect. Her back was facing me. Her hair smelled like cinamon. We weren't touching. I then felt her shiver. I worked up the confidence to put my arm on the waist. She left it there and whispered a Goodnight. I fell asleep feeling safe.

Word Count: 420 .hehehehe. I'm sorry. I'll go