Character Analysis - Hope Mikaelson

Full Name: Hope Andrea Mikaelson

Birthday: May 2, 2012

Species: Tribrid

Relations: Mikaelson family (Klaus), Labonair family (Hayley), Kenner family (Jackson), Crescent Pack (Hayley), North East Atlantic Pack (Klaus and Ansel), New Orleans witch (Esther), and Salvatore School student.

     Baby/Toddler in Season 1–3 (2012 – 2016)

     Child in Season 4 (2019)

     Teenager in Season 5 (2027)

     Teenager in Legacies Season 1 (2029)

     Hope Mikaelson is the daughter of the Original hybrid, Klaus Mikealson, and Crescent Alpha, Hayley Marshall-Kenner. She is the only one of her kind. A mixture of three species; witch, werewolf, and vampire.

     Hope makes her first appearance in the TVD Universe in The Originals, more specifically, the last episode of Season 1. She is born prematurely due to a spell inflicted on Hayley by the witch, Genevieve. Immediately after her birth, Hope is taken by said witch for an intended sacrifice, one orchestrated by Esther, the Mikaelsons mother. Esther did not want Hope alive, because power would attract her sister, Dahlia, who took her daughter, Freya, as a payment for her help a thousand years earlier.

     In Season 4 of The Originals, Hope is a seven-year-old little girl deprived of seeing her family for the last five years of her life. When a thousand-year-old spirit is awakened by Vincent Griffith, The Hollow seeks out Hope and draws the Mikaelson family back to New Orleans. After being infected by the Hollow, Hope is used as a catalyst that nearly tears the city apart. To save her life, Klaus and his siblings split the Hollow between them and then scatter to the ends of the earth.

     Sevens years pass by the time Hope finds out a way to bring her family back together. Now fifteen years old, Hope is an opinionated teenager and a troublemaker like the rest of her family. She wants nothing more than to see her father, Klaus, after seven years. When her attempt to bring him back to New Orleans goes wrong, Hope is brought into the middle of a feud between vampires and werewolves that ultimately leads to the death of her mother, father, and uncle.

     Two more years and another show later, Hope is seventeen and spends her days at the Salvatore Boarding School for the Young and Gifted in Legacies. She has to deal with teenage drama, mysterious monsters, and the legacy of her family.

     Let's clear up a few things.

     Hope Mikaelson did NOT kill her parents. They sacrificed themselves to save her life.

     Now, I will explain Hope's tribrid nature. A lot people seem to be confused on the matter.

     When it comes to Hope's witch side, she is a witch by birth. Esther, her grandmother, was a witch and passed the gene down to her children. All of them. As soon as they were turned into Original vampires, they were no longer able to tap into that side of themselves. Once Klaus is restored to his hybrid nature and can have children, the witch gene is able to be passed down to Hope.

     Hayley and Klaus are both werewolves by blood. Hope is a werewolf by blood. NEXT!

     The vampire side is a bit trickier. Klaus is still half vampire when Hope is conceived. This means the vampire nature is passed down to her. The blood runs through her veins. She even has some of the abilities of a vampire. She has the accelerated healing and the heightened strength and agility. With her death, she will gain the compulsion, blood drinking, and immortality.

     BUT...she will retain her powers. This is the debate I see all the time. People seem to think that as soon as she becomes a full vampire that she will lose her powers. WRONG! She is born of all three. Ergo, Hope will still be able to wield magic the same way she can as a werewolf.

     I mean, Klaus was able to have a child as a half vampire. It's not that far fetched.

     The most important thing to remember when it comes to Hope Mikaelson.

     Hope is high strung. She is damaged from the death of her parents and is closed off. She doesn't like to make friends. She loves her family. She has a short and very large temper. She doesn't like being told what to do. She is loyal. She is smart. Hope is a fighter.

     A Mikaelson through and through.

Comment some suggestions for what I should post next.

-Jordan

Information mentioned in this chapter can be found at vampirediaries.wikia.com