Supernatural Species - Vampire

History: The vampire species was created during the late 970s by the mother of the Mikaelson family, Esther. She used her magic to create a spell to "save" her children from premature death like her youngest son, Henrik. She used the blood of Petrova doppelgänger, Tatia, called upon the sun for life, and the White Oak Tree for immortality. With the blood slipped into her children's wine, their father, Mikael, killed them all to further the transformation. After they awoken, the blood of a human completed their transition into a vampire.

Sirelines: Each Original vampire is connected to every vampire they have turned, and the vampires turned after the vampires they've turned. When an Original vampire dies, their sireline dies along with them. (With the exception of Klaus Mikaelson, who was separated from his sireline after a spell created by Davina Claire.) Although at the end of the Originals, only one sireline is still completely intact.

Sires and When Their Sirelines Ended

Finn Mikaelson – The Vampire Diaries Season 3 Episode 18

Kol Mikaelson – The Vampire Diaries Season 4 Episode 12

Klaus Mikaelson – The Originals Season 3 Episode 14

Elijah Mikaelson – The Originals Season 4 Episode 9

Weaknesses: Fire, sunlight, vervain, decapitation, heart extraction, magic, werewolf bite, wooden stake to the heart, White Oak stake or daggers (Originals only), the cure.

Abilities: enhanced strength/speed/agility/senses/healing, immortality, heightened emotions, emotional control (humanity switch), compulsion, sire bond (rare), limited telepathy (dream manipulation and illusions).

Additional Information

The older the vampire, the stronger the vampire.

Witches lose their magic when turned into a vampire. (exceptions are siphons and Hope Mikaelson)

Spelled jewelry protects vampires from sunlight.

Vampires can build a tolerance to vervain.

An Original vampire cannot die from a werewolf bite.

A sire bond is created when someone has feelings for the vampire who turned them before they are turned.

Compulsion doesn't work when the target has consumed or is wearing vervain.

As of Legacies Season 1, Damon Salvatore holds the cure.

Stefan and Lillian Salvatore are the only known Rippers.

Rippers are vampires who feed until they rip their target apart.

A vampire will begin to desiccate if they don't consume blood for a prolonged amount of time.

Vampires can eat human food, although it offers no nutritional value.

Comment suggestions for what I should post next.

-Jordan

Information mentioned in this chapter can be found at vampirediaries.fandom.com