Supernatural Species - Witch

History: It is not certain when witches appeared in the world

History: It is not certain when witches appeared in the world. The first known record of magic-wielding people appeared with the story of Silas, Amara, and Qetsiyah. The three of them were responsible for many different forms of magic and spells that plagued the supernatural world for thousands of years after their "deaths" in the time of the Ancient Greeks.

Types of Magic

Earth Magic: Most witches use this type of magic. Drawn from the earth and used for keeping the balance of nature.

Spirit Magic: Magic drawn from deceased witches in a specific area.

Black Magic/Dark Magic/Expression: Drawn from dark forces and emotions. Unstable and corrupts the minds.

Sacrificial Magic: Magic drawn from killing living creatures.

Ancestral Magic: Drawn from a witch's deceased relatives.

Traveler Magic: Magic that becomes chaotic and catastrophic when the witch cursed with this magic stays in one place for a prolonged amount of time.

Tools Used in Witchcraft: Amulets, athames, candles, cauldrons, grimoires, herbs, stones, symbols, talismans. (varies in amount with each spell.)

Weaknesses: Huntress blood, overexertion, Mystic Falls Founders' Bell, Lobelia flower, all weaknesses of the average human.

Abilities: Spell casting, channeling, potions, telekinesis, elemental control, divination, projection (rare), transmogrification (rare), telepathy (rare), possession (rare), illusion (rare), dream manipulation (rare), resurrection (rare).

Additional Information

Witches are able to feel the essence of life itself through the earth.

Magic created vampirism, the werewolf curse, and the doppelgänger.

Siphoners are witches who cannot generate magic on their own. They have to take magic from magic-filled objects or supernatural creatures.

Siphoners can still wield magic if turned into a vampire. They're called Heretics.

Four traditional witches fall under the most powerful. Esther, Qetsiyah, Dahlia, and Inadu (The Hollow). Hope Mikaelson tops them all, currently being the most powerful in the TVD Universe.

There is a dozen or so witches in East Asia who have the ability to breathe fire.

The Gemini Coven is the only coven known to create Prison Worlds. (exception being Bonnie Bennett.)

Doppelgängers, or shadow-selves, are the side-effects of the immortality spell.

Magic can curse a hybrid by sealing their werewolf side, making it impossible for them to shift or access that side of themselves.

The Bennett family is known to be a very powerful line of witches.

The Mikaelson family has magic running through their veins and is another powerful line of witches. Firstborns being the worst at maintaining control (Freya and Hope). Kol and Finn are the only siblings known to tap into their power before being turned into an Originals.

Katherine Pierce was a Traveler.

Magic created the Brotherhood of the Five and the Huntress, Rayna Cruz.

Twins in the Gemini Coven are forced to perform the Merge when they turn twenty-two due to a curse placed on their bloodline. The winner absorbs the other's soul and magic.

I know I missed a lot, but this post would be dozens of pages long with everything that involves witches.

Comment suggestions for what I should post next.

-Jordan

Information mentioned in this chapter can be found at vampirediaries.fandom.com