Supernatural Species - Heretic

History: Heretics are hybrids of two supernatural species; witch and vampire. More specifically, a siphoner witch (a type of witch unable to generate magic on their own). Because of this, they are able to generate magic by siphoning from their vampire nature. They were first discovered to exist in the 1800s, but they are suspected to have been around long before that.

Original Heretic Coven Members

Valerie Tulle

Mary-Louise

Nora Hildegard

Oscar

Beau

Malcolm

Weaknesses: All weaknesses of the average vampire or witch. (See "Supernatural Species – Vampire" and "Supernatural Species – Witch" for more information.)

Abilities: All abilities of the average vampire, all abilities of the average witch, siphoning (absorbing power from a supernatural being or magical object).

Additional Information

All Heretics are descendants of the Gemini Coven.

Lillian Salvatore took in a group of siphoner witches in the 1800s and turned them into Heretics. They are a part of the original Heretic Coven.

The only known Heretic alive after The Vampire Diaries finale is Valerie Tulle.

All Heretics were siphoner witches before they were turned.

The Heretic Coven was spelled into a Prison World by the Gemini Coven in 1903. They were released at the end of TVD Season 6.

Heretics can heal themselves of fatal werewolf bites.

Malachai (Kai) Parker was a Heretic for a brief time before his death in the TVD Season 6 finale.

Siphoner witches, and later Heretics, are seen by the Gemini Coven as abominations and many were cast out because of it. 

Heretics have to drink blood to survive.

Heretics have to be invited into a home. 

I probably missed some stuff, so feel free to comment anything you guys remember for me to add later.

Comment suggestions for what I should post next.

-Jordan

Information mentioned in this chapter can be found at vampirediaries.fandom.com