Character Analysis - Josie Saltzman

     Full Name: Josette "Josie" Saltzman

     Birthday: March 15, 2014

     Species: Siphon/Witch

     Relations: Saltzman family (Alaric), Parker family (Jo), Forbes family (Caroline), Salvatore family (Caroline and Stefan), Gemini Coven (Jo), and Salvatore School student.

     Baby – Toddler in Season 7 (2014 – 2017)

     Toddler in Season 8 (2017 – 2018)

     Teenager in The Originals Season 5 (2027)

     Teenager in Legacies Season 1 (2029)

     Josie Saltzman is the daughter of Alaric Saltzman and Caroline Forbes-Salvatore, and biological daughter of Jo Laughlin. She is a siphon, which is an extremely rare form of witch. She has to siphon magic from someone or something to preform a spell.

     Josie Saltzman makes her first appearance in Season 6 of The Vampire Diaries. Her biological mother, Jo, finds out that she is pregnant in the last few episodes. When she is killed by her brother, Kai Parker, in the last episode of Season 6, Josie and her twin sister, Lizzie, are presumed dead with Jo.

     In Season 7, Caroline Forbes-Salvatore discover that she is pregnant with the help of Valerie Tulle. During the failed wedding of Jo and Alaric at the end of Season 6, the Gemini Coven in attendance used their last breaths to transfer unborn Josie and Lizzie from Jo's dead body into Caroline. They are soon born several episodes later, after the twins almost kill Caroline by siphoning magic from her vampire nature.

     Three years and half a season later, Josie is now two almost three years old and living with her mother, father, and sister. The little girls are mostly kept out of the picture, until they are used to siphon a spell to enter a magical building sealed shut by Bonnie Bennett.

     Season 8 and few months, Josie and Lizzie are three and happy with their family. They love their new nanny, Seline, and are developing siphoner witches. In the first episode, the twins are almost killed by an angry witch when she learns they opened the building Bonnie closed. They soon display their magic in fits of anger and coercion when they are eventually kidnapped by Seline the siren and her sister, Sybil. Both twins are intended to be given to Cade, the Devil, and traded for the siren sisters service to him, but Stefan takes their place. Josie and Lizzie last seen in the series with their father at the formation of the Salvatore School.

     Different show and several years later, Josie is thirteen and an opinionated teenager. She and Lizzie are asked by Klaus Mikaelson to help siphon the magic of the Hollow out of Hope to save her life. She barters with her mother, Caroline, about defying the patriarchy and cell phones, before she and her sister agree to help.

     Now fifteen, going on sixteen, Josie attends the Salvatore Boarding School for the Young and Gifted in Legacies. The same school her father created at the end of The Vampire Diaries. There, she deals with teenage drama, a complicated love life, mysterious monsters, and the legacy of her biological family.

     Josie is vastly different than her sister, Lizzie. She is kind, level-headed, and attentive to others. She is highly codependent on her sister, despite the neglect Lizzie shows in return. Her intelligence shines through when she proposes creating a new class to help herself and her classmates protect themselves.

     At the start of Legacies, Josie is shown to have a very complicated relationship with a fellow student, Penelope Park. She then shows developing feelings for a new student, Rafael Waithe. She is canonically pansexual, meaning she loves someone for their soul and not just gender.

     Josie, much like her sister, is jealous of Hope Mikaelson's relationship with her father. She notices that he doesn't spend as much time with her and Lizzie as he should. On top of that, their mother is away from the school on "recruitment missions" for the school, but instead is looking for a way to save Josie and Lizzie from their Gemini merge when they turn twenty-two.

     Along with Lizzie, Josie has to deal with the corruption of the Gemini Coven. Their magic is chaotic and dangerous. They are prone to anger issues, magical outbursts, and mood swings. Josie is in danger of becoming just like her biological uncle, Kai, if she is not careful of her reliance on her sister and tendency to put others before herself.

Comment some suggestions for what I should post next.

-Jordan

Information mentioned in this chapter can be found at vampirediaries.wikia.com