insecure | tom holland

So we all know Tom as that twenty year old with an adorable smile and a six pack who plays the character Peter Parker. Tom and Y/n have been together for about a year and a half and they were confident to each other.

Until Tom started to feel insecure. Not really physically. He was proud of his body, well most of it. He was short, still taller than Y/n but short for someone his age. This all started when Y/n brought Tom to her set of her own marvel movie as Tony Starks daughter but with powers that Hydra experimented on her. People on set were tall and always knew how to make her laugh and Tom noticed this and every time she let out a laugh from a joke he didn't make, it hurt him.

Right now Y/n was at work and Tom was on his day off and in their mater bedroom. He was on his phone when haters on the internet found a way to show up on his phone. He didn't have many haters but his fans included did make fun of his height.
Comments would say. "Dude wtf, why does Tom look like a five year old next to Y/n."

There were many more similar to those and he just kept reading them. He didn't even notice he started crying. He didn't think he was enough, he thought Y/n deserved more than just him, someone who has time for her and can be present unlike him. He didn't hear the door unlock.

Y/n came in only to find Tom sitting under the covers, back against the headboard, oceans of tears down his cheeks. "Tom? What's wrong?" She said worriedly walking toward him, placing her bag at the end of the bed and climbing in with him. She sat in he same position as him under the covers, she scooter closer and she wanted to go slow and waited for him to open up.

Tom got up from the bed and ran to the bathroom door. He slid down it and cried non stop. "Tom. Baby, please let me in. What's wrong?" She twisted the door handle only to find out it was locked. "Please talk to me love." She sighed, she hated seeing him like this, it broke her apart.

He steadied his breathing as much as possible but was still shaking from his previous cries. He got up and opened the door. His eyes immediately met with hers and he fell on his knees and she did too hugging him. His sobs continued. His arms wrapped tightly around her waist. "I'm sorry." He shook his head side to side very slowly in the crooks of her neck.

"For what, you did nothing wrong." She soothed out his hair by brushing it downward.

"I'm sorry not being good enough, I'm sorry for not being around, I'm sorry for not being there for you, I'm so sorry." His voice breaking. He pulled her closer so she's on his lap straddling him.

"Baby, where is this coming from?" She asked tears down her cheeks as well. She pulled apart to see his face but he looks straight ahead.

"Every time I'm on set with you, everyone makes you laugh, you seem so happy, and I can't give that to you anymore." His forehead fell against her chest. Her hands on his cheeks and his hands wrapped around her wrists. "it hurts Y/n, it hurts so much." His sobs got worse.

"Tom baby that's not me happy, I fake it love. No one else makes me as happy like you do. Your the only one now a days that can bring a smile to my face." She took a deep breath so she could fix her voice. "I swear to you, your more than good enough and it's okay not to be around all the time, we both have jobs that we love by in the end of the day we're together and you not being physically in front of me doesn't mean your not there for me, even if your on the other side of the planet, you are still gonna be hear for me okay?"

He doesn't do anything so I gently get off his lap and help him get up. I bring him into the bed, he was already wearing sweatpants with a
t-shirt so I just removed the shirt and put him to bed. I changed into my sports bra and shorts.

I climbed into bed with him and he immediately found my waist and laid on top of me, he wrapped his arms tightly around me and put his head on my collar bone. "Tom?" I whisper

"Hmm." He replies with, not trusting his voice.

"Can you promise me something?" He snuggled closer to me as his version of saying "sure."

"Promise me you'll talk to me about these things, and promise me you won't shed another tear about this again, alright?"

"Promise." He said after a moment.

I held out my pinky. "Pinky promise?"  I saw him slightly smile and he held out his pinky and linked each others pinkies. "Pinky promise."

"I love you Tom." I said

"I love you too Y/n so much." I kissed him goodnight.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Man I love depressing shit