NONEXISTENCE

A group of four teenagers lived all their life together. Their town was very small and its population was about one hundred. The town was far from civilization, so far that they did not have electricity, water supply, internet, cable, or any technological device. The town did not have a police or fire station. They had a small health clinic and a small gas station that had a grocery and antic shop inside. Both ran with a generator and their water supply was filled by the rain. These four friends were inseparable; their names were Leon, Rose, Cameron, and Ryan. They were home-schooled by a neighbor and after a day of school they went to play near the gas station and nothing was ever the same:

Leon: This is boring. We do the same every day.

Cameron: Yeah but we always find a way to have fun.

Ryan: Leon, we have each other.

Leon: Yes, but don't you wish we could get out of this town?

Rose: One day we will grow up and we will have that choice.

Ryan: We may not see each other anymore when that time comes.

Cameron: Don't say that Ryan.

Leon: Sorry guys, forget that I said anything. Let's go to the antic shop.

All four teens agreed and went to the antic shop. The owner had collected lots of things through the years while going outside town once a month to get gasoline and groceries for his establishment. The teens had been there numerous times but they always found something new to see and pass the time. As soon as they entered they saw a strange object. They asked what it was to the store owner. The owner said it was a cell phone and that a trucker left it in a tiny room he rents to strangers who stop at his gas station to rest. He told the teens that he waited for the trucker to come back but a few months had passed and he decided to put it on sale because at least the camera worked but other than that the phone was useless. The teenagers were amazed by the phone and asked the owner how much it cost. The owner said to them that because it did not cost anything to him if they cleaned the shop they could have it. All four teens agreed and began cleaning the shop after they finished the owner gave them the phone.

Leon: Hey let's take a photo of the store.

Ryan: Leon I want to take it.

Rose: No, I saw the phone first.

Cameron: Calm down guys we can take one each.

Leon gave the phone to Ryan and he took a photo of the antic shop. It was getting late so the teens decided they would each have the phone for a day. The first one to have it was Ryan. Before each went their separate ways Ryan took a photo of his three friends.

Ryan was so excited that when he got to his home he went straight to bed. As soon as he woke up he got dressed, ate and before getting to class to see his friend he took a photo of his house. When Ryan arrived at his teacher's home his friends were not there. He asks his teacher but she looks at him like he is crazy. He asks her again and she answers by saying that she thought he should go home because he was not making sense and probably was going to get sick. Ryan did not have to hear it again but instead of going to his home, he went to the gas station to see if his friends were there. When Ryan arrives at the gas station he notices something different. The part of the antic shop was full of groceries. He asks the owner what had happened, but the owner ignores him and keeps attending to other customers. Ryan decided to go to his friend's house. He arrives where Cameron lives and starts knocking on the door. Her dad answers.

Ryan: Is Cameron home? She was not at school.

Cameron's Dad: Who are looking for?

Ryan: Cameron, your daughter sir.

Cameron's Dad: Hey kid I never had children. Are you ok?

Ryan ran to his other two friend's houses but their parents also believed that they never had children. He began to panic and went to his home but it was not there. He saw his parents and went to them.

Ryan: Dad what happened to the house?

Ryan's Dad: Son you know we live in the streets. I am sorry your mom and I are doing everything we can.

Ryan: Dad what are you talking about? The house was here this morning.

Ryan's Dad: Son, you feeling ok? We own the land but we don't have money to build on it. Do you want to go to the clinic?

Ryan began to run and cry until he fell to the ground. While crying a strange person goes to him and asks what had happened. Ryan explains that all his friends and his house were gone just like magic. The man asks him if he has a camera phone that belongs to him.

Ryan: Yes but know it belongs to me and my friends. Who are you?

Strange Man: I am the owner of the phone. You should not play with things that aren't yours. Bad things can happen.

Ryan: Everything I took a photo of is now gone. Please sir may you take it back. I just want my friends.

Strange Man: Like you said. The phone is now yours. Be careful what you wish for.

The man got into his truck and left. Ryan kept crying and without thinking he took a selfie. The phone fell to the ground. The strange man came back and grabbed the phone. He checks the contacts. Eleven contacts in total and six new ones. The new contacts were Leon, Cameron, Rose, Antic Shop, Ryan's House, and Ryan.

The End