BELOW THE TEARS

The Sepulveda family had been dealing with pain and death in the past eleven years. They had the best medical staff available. They were extremely rich. Still, the family was reduced to five. Carlos is the eldest and lone successor to the fortune. His wife Sandy, their child Emmanuel, and their two twin nieces Stacy and Cindy. All the other members were dead. Carlos decides to move the whole family from their mansion. They went to their cabin house in the furthest town from the city. Carlos believes that a change of venue will do good to his son and his nieces.

They arrive at the cabin. The cabin was much smaller than the mansion but it was still big.  Emmanuel an 11-year-old boy ran to pick up his room. The twins were 13 and also ran to choose their room. Carlos and Sandy felt happy to see them all excited.  The next day they enlisted the children in the town school. Carlos applied for a coaching job at their school and got the job. Sandy was busy remodeling the whole house and being and mom to all three.

A week passed and they had all settled. The kids are good in school. Carlos is the coach of every grade and all sports but still, it made him happy to have the job. Stacy was happy attending the cabin and the children. Carlos and Sandy ask their nieces to be babysitters for Emmanuel for about an hour. They were going out to buy groceries. The girls remember that they used to scare their cousin in the big mansion. He was in his room. They decided to knock on his door hard. Emmanuel got out of the room but no one was there. The girls knock on the door again harder. Emmanuel goes out and starts looking for his cousins. He could not find them so he went back to his room. He sat down on the bed and looked out the window. He sees the small lake on the back of the cabin and someone is there. Before he can stand up to get closer to the window he gets grabbed from both feet and gets dragged under the bed. He screams before he hears his two cousins laughing under the bed. He tells them that he is gonna get them. The girls got out from under the bed laughing.

Carlos and Sandy arrive. They found Emmanuel shaking in his room. He could not speak he was also all wet. He mumbled there is someone on the lake. They asked the girls what had happened. They say that they did not know what he was talking about. Both agreed grounding the twins was the right punishment. They were mad and thought that it was their cousin's revenge. Later that night when everyone was sleeping the girls heard a knock on their door. They ask who is it but no one answers. A few minutes later a louder knock on their door.  One of them opened the door but no one was there. They both got out, the floor was wet. They went to their uncle's room. He wakes up and goes to see what is happening. He asks the girls why is the floor wet. They have no idea. He goes to Emmanuel's room and he sees wet footprints. He opens the door but Emmanuel is not on his bed. Carlos calls his name. Emmanuel screams Daddy from inside the closet. Carlos finds Emmanuel all frightened. He thinks the girls had something to do with it. Sandy wakes up and stays with Emmanuel in his room. Carlos tells the girls that he will deal with them in the morning and tells them to go to sleep. The girls went to their room all mad.

The next day Carlos and Sandy had a date. They wanted to pay a babysitter to take care of the children but as soon as they gave directions to their house the phone was hung up. They tried different people but they all had the same reaction. Carlos was about to cancel the date but Sandy decided to give the twins another chance. Carlos had a conversation with the twins telling them that they only had to take care of Emmanuel for two hours from 9 pm to 11 pm. That if they could get through those two hours without getting in trouble they would not be in trouble anymore. The girls agreed on the terms.

Carlos and Sandy went to a local bar & restaurant. They began to pay for everyone's drink. The owner was very happy with his new customer as he was making more money. Carlos decided to ask the bartender if he knew why no babysitters wanted to go to their house. The bartender's face changes rapidly. The loud sound inside was supplanted by a whisper. The bartender went to the owner and told him what was asked. Carlos and Sandy were a little shaken because they noticed that everyone knew something that they were not sharing. The owner went to Carlos and said. Is not the house that people are scared of. It is the lake that people say has some evil in it. Carlos started laughing and said to the owner. Well, like a made-up story so that the children get scared of the place so they would not go there. The owner with a serious face says. I don't think is made up. There have been more than 11 deaths associated with the lake. All children. All used to live or have a friend that lives there. Carlos was surprised and asked what had happened to the children. The owner responded that DNA and artifacts like clothing were found in the area but that none of the bodies were ever recovered. Carlos said to the owner that his son was all wet a few days before and he was terrified telling me that there was something at the lake. The owner with a preoccupied voice says that one of the mothers of the children used to say that her son was alive living in the lake. Sandy began to feel bad and asked Carlos to leave as it was getting past the two hours. Carlos had one more question. He asked when was the last time someone lived in that house. The owner says he only saw a few times people staying on the weekend but his last memory of someone being there living was when he was a child. He said his friend used to live there but he was not allowed to visit him. One day the boy was missing and was never found. Their parents sold the property and it was not until now that someone else lived in it. Carlos stood up with his wife and ran to their car. As soon as they enter the house they see both of the twins. They rapidly ask for Emmanuel they say he was in his room. When Carlos opened the door Emmanuel was not there. He looked outside of the window and saw lots of children including Emmanuel getting inside the lake. Carlos and Sandy started running to the outside. When they arrived at the lake there were no children and Emmanuel was not there.

Carlos got in the lake. He went deep a few times. Then after the 11th attempt, he found Emmanuel. Carlos got him out. Sandy gave him mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. Emmanuel spit the water out. Carlos tells Sandy to take the twins and Emmanuel out. Sandy does not think twice and gets them out. Carlos gets into the house to get their stuff. All the time he spent there he heard kids singing and when he left they were all around and in the lake.

The place was closed to the public and after various years an investigation was started. In the investigation, there was only one thing that stood up. 11% of the water in the lake was believed to be the same or equal to human tears.

The End