MISSING CONNECTION

The biggest trial in the last eleven years. Evidence points to the husband as the main suspect. Multimillionaire Roderick Long's wife was found dead in her mansion. The autopsy discovered that she died by poisoning. A letter found near her body appointed the husband as a suspect. Roderick had the best lawyers money could buy.

The prosecutor started reading the letter to the jury as evidence.

Letter:

My name is Roderick Long. I am 48 years old. I have everything I could ever dream of. A lovely 18-year-old son, a supermodel  37 years old wife, and money to get whatever I want. Like many business owners, I travel a lot. I am out of the house for two to three weeks every month. My business does not let me spend too much time with my family but I always spend the whole month of December during the holidays with them. This year I was going to seal the biggest deal in my company. It was a secret and not even my wife knew about it. I was going to sell the company so I could spend more time with my family. Even if they were not content with me leaving, they understood and gave me the green light to get the deal done. The deal was complicated. I was going to sell 89% of my company and the deal would take about a month to be completed. I traveled to China to meet the buyers in person. Strangely when I arrived the company that was supposed to help me closed the deal with the buyer told me that they had not heard from them. They had tried to contact them but they haven't reached them. The next day we went to the buyer's company and saw that the building was empty. Even if the deal was a bust I was happy to get back home with my family early. I wanted to surprise them. I flew home the next day. Before arriving I stopped at the mall to buy gifts for them. As I got to the mansion I saw a few cars in the driveway. I got to the door and normally my maid opened the door but this time I had to open it myself. The first floor was full of naked people sleeping on the furniture and on the floor. I ran to my son's room and it was closed. I knocked on the door but no one answered. Suddenly a naked guy passed through the hallway. I had the following conversation with him.

Roderick: Why is this door locked? Who are you?

Naked Guy: The boy's room is off-limits. This must be your first time here. I am Dan.

Roderick: Where is the boy?

Dan: He is in Las Vegas. His mom gave him money to stay there with his girlfriend for a week. Like I told you the room is off limits and also the boy. You're a little early for tonight's party.

Roderick: Where is the boys' mom?

Dan: She is out but you are too old for her desires but don't worry a lot of ladies are invited to the party. How much you cost?

Roderick: What do you mean?

Dan: How much do you charge? I mean you old. You must be good or cheap.

Roderick: How much do you charge?

Dan: 10,000 a day.

Roderick: What if I pay you 100,000?

Dan: Yeah right. Anyway, I am not bisexual and you don't have that kind of money.

Roderick: Me neither. Wait here.

Roderick enters the master room and opens a safe on the floor covered by a rug. He takes out a briefcase. He takes it to Dan and opens it. Dan looks at Roderick with a concerned face.

Dan: You are her husband. Please don't kill me. I am just doing my work.

Roderick: Yes, don't worry I am going to give you the money. All you have to do is tell me everything you know and when we are finished you need to cancel the party and get everyone out.

Dan tells me that my wife hires once a month about 30 men escorts and does a party at the mansion with several of her friends. He is hired to get the man with the features she and her friends desire. That my son always stays with a friend or relative. The party is always a one-night only but this one was a special three-night event. I proceeded to ask more questions.

Roderick: How long has she been doing this? When is she coming back?

Dan: I know she has been doing this every month for the last five years. She is supposed to be here like in five hours.

Roderick: How many guys has she been with? What secrets do you know about her?

Dan: Again I know she had been with more than 100 different men and about 50 different women. I only know this because I am her favorite. She is not sure if her son is yours and probably she had been doing things like this way before I came into the picture.

I gave the briefcase to Dan. Dan takes everyone out of the mansion and cancels the event. I proceeded to open a whisky bottle and started writing this letter.

To the love of my life, I just found out you don't need me in your life. I wanted to surprise you but I guess I was the one that got surprised. Please tell our son that I love him. Goodbye.

End of the letter

Prosecutors:

Jury as if this letter was not enough evidence. Neighbor's cameras captured Roderick's taxi arriving and leaving. Also, the bottle Roderick drank was poisoned. When the deceased arrived at her mansion she was surprised it was empty. She calls Dan but he never picks up the phone. She stumbled upon the letter read it and tried to call Roderick. He did not pick up either so she drank from the same bottle and glass as Roderick. She dies after eleven minutes of drinking it and Roderick calls her exactly at the same time.

Defendant:

Roderick came home after he was contacted by the police. We have the plane tickets, a video of him every day at the hotel in China, and his credit card charges in China as evidence. There is no plane ticket before the one we have to show you. There is no video of him at the mall or getting him inside the taxi. There are no fingerprints on the bottle or glass. Most importantly she knew about the deal he was doing making the letter a fake.

The jury takes 11 hours to agree on a decision. On the murder of Elizabeth Long, we find the defendant not guilty.

  Roderick was relieved with happiness. After a few days, Roderick received a call from his son Roddy.

Phone conversation:

Roddy: Hey Dad. Can I come back?

Roderick: Yes son. Is your uncle there?

Roddy: Yes, let me get him.

Uncle: Hey fat bro. Everything had been taken care of.

Roderick: I told you twin brother being fat was going to help me at some point in my life. I owe you one bro.

The End