DROWNING

Ladies and gentlemen. Please let me see your applauses for the environmental award winner. The inventor of the revolutionary fuel called Aknos. His invention has saved the whole earth's environmental problems. He has donated 75% of the income he has earned to the poor. Without further ado, let me introduce you to Eliot "Peace" Maker.

Eliot comes out and everyone starts applauding without stopping.

Eliot: Thank you. Thank you so much. Please stop. I am very grateful.

The audience stops clapping.

Eliot: I would like to start by saying that I had a vision. I saw all of this happening. God allowed me to know what my future was going to be and what my purpose was. I saw myself going through college and graduating. I saw myself inventing Aknos. I saw myself donating almost every profit to the poor so they could have all that we take for granted. You all here thank me because I have made your life easier. After all, I have made you money. They thank me because I have given them a chance to live and evolve. I also saw myself winning this award and talking to all of you. Even if I know almost all of you don't care about humanity or the earth's environment. I thank God and my beautiful mother for all that I can give and still have enough for myself and my loved ones. I can remember just like it was happening right now. When she heard from the doctor it was a boy. She said his name would be Eliot. As happy as she could be, she walked home excited to tell everyone the news. A man stopped her asking for money. She reached for her purse to get some but the man thought she was reaching for something else and shot her in the head. Her brain stopped functioning and little Eliot saw his whole life pass through his eyes. Slowly every part of her body stopped functioning. Eliot was never born.

The End