Three

It feels so good to talk to my baby brother. Everyday at three for the past five years, I've been driving to the precinct and visiting him in prison. I hated that they put him in here and made him plead insanity. Finn didn't do anything wrong. He's a good guy. Do the girls know about him? No. They know Finn but I've been telling them that he got accepted at this college in Spain. How do you tell your friends that your brother got arrested and is serving 15 years in prison. The only way he could get out is if his behavior is good or if I pay his bail. Even if I do rob that store there is no way I could post Finn's bail. It would be a start, but it's not enough.

"Why is it so crazy?" Annie asked as we gathered around Beth's counter. "I mean, it's a victimless crime. The store is insured. Plus, you know they make us work through lunch? So basically tit for tat when you figure in the lost wages."

"Oh, that will hold up in court," Beth replied sarcastically.

"And as brilliant as that idea sounds," I began, adding a bit more sarcasm while looking at Annie with a grin, "we do have families to worry about."

"How is Finn, by the way?" Annie asked.

"He's doing great. He really loves it in Spain," I lied. "His exact words were hot chicks, studying in the most beautiful place ever, new friends getting into bar fights."

Annie chuckled. "Sounds like paradise." Trust me, it's not.

"And he got there not rubbing stores," I said before drinking more soda.

She scoffed this time. "Ok, Can't either of you have my back on, like, one things ever?"

Beth and I exchanged a look. "This isn't me telling Mom and Dad that you smoked pot," Beth replied.

"Which was incredibly lame, by the way."

"Or me telling you middle school boyfriend that you had edibles," I added.

Annie cringed. "That is the last time I dated a guy so he could do my homework."

Beth placed a few coasters in front of us. "This is us helping you not ruin your life." Then she grabbed mine and Annie's drink before putting them on top of it.

"Oh, because your life is so great. I should want this life?" Annie retorted.

"I didn't say that," Beth said.

"You're, like, this Stepford mom without a pulse." Annie pointed at me. "Perrie is like the stereotype of those goth/punk kids working at a degrading coffee shop."

I gave her a look. "Hey!"

"Oh, come on. You have to serve that bitch Kathy every day and apply her coupons on orders they don't even work for!" Ugh, don't remind me. She had a coupon for a free coffee and she tried to use it on our muffins and coffee. Annie motioned to Beth. "And she's cutting chicken fingers into stars. They're already fingers. And I mean...not to pile on, but look who she married."

"It's 20 years and four children. Marriage sometimes takes a little work," Beth defended herself. 

"Look who your ex-husband is," I told Annie. "Do you really want that tool to raise your daughter if you got sent to the dog house?"

Annie sighed. "Well, seeing as Greg is suing me for custody and I can't afford to fight it, yes, actually, the thought has crossed my mind."

"That bitch is suing you," I snapped. I got up. "Beth, where's your crowbar?"

"Why?" she asked worryingly.

"Cause I'm going to bash Greg's windows in," I replied like it's nothing with a little shrug.

"No. No one is getting their windows ruined."

I sighed. "You're no fun."

Suddenly, Dean's car commercial started to play on the TV. That slut looking chick, Amber, was hogging up the TV with her bad acting. Then here comes Dean in a pig costume to fly them away. She hasn't been working there for even a year and she gets her own commercial.

"Jeez. Who did this chick have to blow to get on TV?" Annie scoffed.

Amber continued with the commercial. Man, Dean's commercial is so bad. It's really, what's the word, tacky.

"Is your babysitter free?" Beth asked Annie.

"Mmm. They took away her license. She's always home."

Beth nodded. I checked my phone and jumped off the counter. "I have to go. Steve is going to have my ass if I'm late."

Annie chuckled. "Yeah, he'll definitely have it alright." Beth and I gave her a look. "What? Bitch or not, the guy is still hot. Maybe he'll go easy on you if..."

"I'm not having sex with that cunt," I deadpanned. "I'd rather rob the bank then have sex with him."

Annie held her hands up. "Ok, jeez."

I looked at Beth. "Let me know what happens. I'll rush over once my shift is finish."

"Ok, go before Steve has another reason to hate you," she said. I started walking out.

"It's the sexual tension," Annie said before I closed the door. Oh, please.

》》》》

A/N: And here is Steve for you...