Thirteen

This is so nervewracking. I mean, the head honcho wanted us to drive all the way to Canada to pick up a package. He didn't say what the package was, just that we have to go get it. I've seen too many crime tv shows, mostly Prison Break. And whenever someone gets involved in something gang-related there's usually no way out. We would either have to run, kill the man, or rat them out to the cops...which eventually ends us dead because we snitched.

The moment he left, I called the girls - who were freaked out that he showed up at my house - and explained everything. I really need to punch that Donna bitch in the face for telling a stranger where my spare key is. It doesn't matter if the guy says he's my boyfriend, he could have been some psycho. A really hot psycho. Ugh, snap out of it Perrie, the guy basically pointed a gun to your face.

"He wants us to pick something up for him in Canada," I started with. The girls drove to my place after the call and part of me is still freaking out. I just thought he knew where Beth lived, but I guess he knows all of our addresses.

"What?" Annie asked.

"I thought we were done with this," Ruby said.

I let out a sarcastic chuckle as I poured myself another shot of tequila. "I thought so, too. Apparently, not." Then I drowned it. "The bitch says it's better if we don't know."

Which could only mean one thing...drugs. He wants us to go all the way to Canada to pick up some drugs for him. Oh, God, we're gonna be drug dealers. Annie and I shared a look and I knew she understood what it means.

"Mmm-hmm," she hummed in agreement. Beth and Ruby looked at us confusingly. "I mean, come on." They still didn't understand. "Oh, guys, seriously?"

"Just say it," Beth barked.

Annie gave her a look before shoving two fingers up. "Drugs up our asses."

"What?" Ruby asked in disbelief.

"Not just asses," I added. I just took the whole bottle and started to drink from it. "Vaginas, too."

"Again, what?"

Annie pointed at me and said, "Right. Or else we would have to swallow the baggie, which, frankly, seems even more uncomfortable."

"Not to mention the aftermath from swallowing it. We're gonna need a lot of laxatives." I shivered at the thought before taking another big gulp.

"You know, I'd almost rather -"

Ruby shook her head. "Nope. Uh-uh. That's not gonna happen." She noticed me still drinking it before snatching the bottle from me. "What's going on with you? You haven't drunk this much since you're 21st birthday."

What's wrong with me? Well, I'm supposed to be scared of the guy who broke into my house. I'm supposed to be scared that he knows basically everything about me. But instead, I found myself wanting the guy to come back so I could kiss that stupid smirk off his face. That's why I'm drinking. Maybe the alcohol would knock some sense into me. But's doing the exact opposite.

"I don't want to smuggle drugs," I half-lied. "If we get caught we might end up going to Canadian jail!"

Annie groaned. "When are we supposed to do this?"

"Friday."

"I can't Friday. I have a home visit for my custody case."

"So, you're gonna tell the man with the crying skull tattoo that Friday doesn't work for you," Ruby stated sarcastically. Yeah, like that's gonna work out.

Annie rolled her eyes. "Fine, but we have to be back in time for me to clean up and get all the drugs out of my cavities."

"He didn't say it was drugs, you guys," Beth argued. "It could be something else. Ok?"