Six

I don't think I've ever been so scared in my life. When I arrived at Beth's house I was greeted with a gun to my face. Of course, I screamed. There was a gun in front of my fucking face. Beth, Annie, and Ruby rushed out that I was with them during the robbery. That's when I entered the kitchen. There I was met with two more guys with guns and one guy on the countertop. If I wasn't so scared then I would have pointed out how good this guy looked. Apparently, the money we stole was his. Oh, crap. This guy is gonna shoot us. Shit! Fuck!

"Yo, this backsplash is dope," the neck tatted man said as he looked at Beth's stove. He looked at her. "Hey, what's it made out of? Marble?" Beth shrugged. I gripped Annie's hand for dear life as she gripped mine. "Yo, you ever get any problems with staining back here? Like, if you're cooking a big pot of spaghetti sauce or something like that?"

I tried to shut my mouth but it just came out. "Do you see any spaghetti sauce, Dumbass?"

The girls looked at me with wide-eyes. Annie shut my mouth with her hands, then Ruby in case I could still talk, I even covered their hands with mine because I know I'm going to say stuff. And to our surprise, he started to chuckle. The hot guy about to kill us is actually laughing?

"We didn't know you owned the store," Ruby said.

The guy looked like she insulted him. "I look like some kind of grocery store manager to you? Or, like, Rotary club or something?"

"Not with the way you walk," I mumbled through our hands. It was so muffled it sounded like na wi e ay u alk. "Especially with the guns in our faces." Which sounded like specally wi e gu n ou faes.

The guy walked over and took our hands away from my mouth. He knelt down till he was eye level with me. He even grabbed my chin to make sure I was looking at him in the eyes. "You wanna say that again, sweetheart?" I shook my head. I do not want to repeat myself. "Good." He tapped my chin before standing straight.

"No, let's just say that we got certain arrangements with some local businesses," he continued. "And we help each other out and whatnot. You know?"

"Like...money laundering for drugs?" Ruby asked shakily. She looked at Annie. "I told you it was shady."

Who would have thought that the Fruit and Fugal would be shady? No one because Boomer is a creep. Oh, that's the perfect cover-up.

"Why don't you stop worrying about my business dealings and start figuring how you're gonna pay me my money back," the man snapped.

"We can get it back," Beth replied.

"Oh, that would be great."

"Most of it," Annie replied sheepishly.

"Sorry, what?" Yeah, what?

Annie started to stammer. "Some of it, for sure."

I glared at Annie. "He's not going to settle for some of it," I whispered harshly. "Oh, god. We're going to die."

"Oh, what, like you guys didn't spend a dime?"

I gave her another look. "At least we can cover it." Ok, maybe Beth and Ruby can, but I can't. I've spent $5,000 for part of Finn's bail. I can't ask them to give it back.

"How much, Annie?" Beth asked.

"I don't know. I probably spent, like, a hundred..." please, let it just be a hundred dollars, "grand." And we're fucked.

"What?" Beth, Ruby, and I almost shouted.

"I'm gonna shoot you myself," Ruby said.

I nodded. "Or at least bring in a world of pain for the next few years. I might just cut your hands off."