Ten

I didn't think this whole breaking and entering thing would have worked out. Ok, it didn't "work out" because we're cleaning Marion's house but, hey, it beats her calling the cops on us. Not only that she gets free house services. I was looking around her house as I polished her table and she got a few antiques. Not even my parents had this much stuff.

"Got any family in town, Marion?" Annie asked.

Marion came from the kitchen with a plate of cookies. "My husband passed last year."

"Oh. I'm so sorry."

"Such is life. We had 40 years. Five children, sixteen grandchildren." Damn, they all have gotten busy.

"Wow. That must keep you busy," Ruby said.

I nodded. "Yeah. You must get a lot of visitors then."

"Not really," Marion replied sadly. "Every one of 'em moved away. Can you believe that? They're just too into their own lives."

"Well, they suck because you're one awesome grandma," I said. Marion came over and offered me a cookie. "Ooh, yes, I love cookies." I gratefully took and before eating it.

"That's what my Leslie thinks." Marion went over and sat in her chair before getting the picture frame next to her. Annie and I stopped cleaning completely while we listened to her. "He's my little boy. Oh, and this is his fiancee. Isn't she pretty?"

Annie's face scrunched up as she slipped the frame. "Oh. Very."

I wanted to laugh so much. It was a photo of Jessica Alba and Boomer. Um, newsflash, Boomer, I'm pretty sure Jessica Alba is married. Not to mention out of your league. And the fact that everyone is pretty much grossed out by you. And that you're a horndog when your drunk. So...yeah, I'm pretty sure no one is going to want you. Unless she's more psycho.

"I know what you're thinking, but she's only half," Marion continued. Ruby and I exchanged a look. "How about some of this no-calorie lemonade?"

"Marion, where's your restroom," Beth asked.

"Oh!" Marion pointed down the hallway behind Beth.

I went back to cleaning while Annie got settled on the couch. She took the photo album and started looking through it. Ruby was vacuuming while I started to dust more knick-knacks. See, why can't customers be more like Marion?

"Be sure that you really get back in the corner, now," Marion told Ruby. Ruby gave me a "is she serious" look before she went back to work.

"You gonna make the white girl clean something? Or does she just get to eat?" Ruby asked annoyingly as she eyed Annie. I let out a soft chuckled before I started to dust again.

Annie took another bite of her cookie before looking at Marion. "Mm. Doug looks so skinny here." Marion nodded. "Oy, Gloria, are you ever not pregnant?" Annie went back to the photo album and her brows scrunched together. "Is that -" Her eyes widened. "Holy, shit." She looked up at me. "Perrie!"

I put my dustpan down while Marion looked over the photo. "Ah. Leslie's cousin. I never understood why they never got along."

Annie gave a nervous chuckled as she showed me the photo. "Yeah, I wonder why."

My eyes widened. "Oh, fucking shit!"

Another family photo. It was with three guys and two girls. One of the guy's had his arm wrapped around the girl and the other two were holding the other girl up. My eyes focus on the guy that had his arm around the girl.

"My little angel, Steve," Marion said with a huge smile. "He's probably the only one besides Leslie that comes and visits. He even takes me to places."