Backstory

Athena's mother was a very caring woman but even so, her husband had left her after hearing the news of his wife's pregnancy, Athena was always a happy child for the first 5 years of her life.

Her mother always said even as a baby she never cried, that was the case until her quirk came along, she was in the park playing, as every child her age does. Suddenly a bird decided it was a good idea to attack her, she saw it flying towards her but right before it reached her it fell.

She opened her eyes and saw the bird lying on the ground motionless, she walked up to the bird and touched it to see if it was alright "Mr Birdy? Are you okay?" She asked prodding the bird with her tiny hands. A kid around her age came around the corner wide-eyed at the scene before him "Monster! You killed it!" He said with fear plastered across his face.

She looked down at her hands, to the bird and then the boy standing behind her. "N-no I-I didn't do it, it's not my fault!" She said shakily reaching her hand out to the boy. "Get away from me you freak!" He yelled before running off to tell the other children what he saw.

That was the first time she had used her quirk

As the years passed by she spent all of her free time to learn how to fully control her power so that she didn't harm anyone around her. However, that didn't mean that they couldn't hurt her.

Two years had passed and she was now 7 years old, she was more mature than most kids because of learning about what she could do and putting up with the bullying. "You're a monster, you don't have the rights to play god with other people's lives!"

"I know that." She said with no emotion in her voice. The bullies hated the fact that they never got a reaction out of her, unlike their other previous victims. They had tried everything insulting her, physically hurting her and humiliating her in front of the other kids. Nothing ever worked.

"We'll get a reaction out of you if it's the last thing we do!" They said before storming off leaving her beaten on the gravelly surface of the playground.

Athena walked back home, bruises healed with her quirk but still covered in dust and dirt. She knocked on the door of the apartment she and her mother were living in, she could hear the door being unlocked from the inside. "Athena! What happened to you, did those bullies hurt you again?" Athena's mother sighed.

"If I hit them back I would be just as bad Okaa-san!" Athena argued. "Alright but I'll bring it up with the principal tomorrow." Athena walked into the apartment nodding in agreement.

Athena went back to her room and took off her clothes putting on a pair of comfy PJs and walked into the laundry room placing her dust-covered uniform in a basket in the corner.

She slowly started sobbing "W-Why is everyone so mean to me! I didn't do anything to hurt them!" She sniffled.

Her mother walked into the room and rubbed circles on Athena's back in an effort to comfort her. "They're just jealous you have such an amazing quirk, don't let them get to you." Athena nodded in response.

"You'll make a great hero one day, I just know it." "R-really?" Athena said wiping the tears from her eyes. "Of course, you'll always be my hero sweetheart!" Her mother reassured her. "Promise me you'll become a great hero, okay Athena?" "I promise!" The little girl smiled still sniffling.

⏳A few hours later⏳

She walked into the living room to see her mum getting ready to go somewhere, she eyed her mother for a moment before saying anything.

"Okaa-san, where are you going?" She asked curiously. "I'm just going to the supermarket dear, I'll be right back I promise!" She said giving Athena a smile. "Okay!" She never did come back.

She heard a knock on the door and ran over to the door with a small stepping stool in hand, she climbed up onto the stool and looked through the peephole. She saw two police officers, knowing they were good people she unlocked the door and jumped off the stool pulling the door open soon after.

"H-hello O-officers." She said stuttering shyly. "Would you perhaps be Athena Kreuz?" One of the officers asked. "Y-yes, sir." She replied looking up at him. "We need you to come with us young lady, it's about your mother." He said with a guilty look on his face.

As soon as Athena heard her mother was involved she was no longer hesitant to follow them. They led her to a nearby police station and saw a few people who looked like heroes, she looked up at their faces they all seemed distraught over something.

"Why does everyone look so sad?" She asked partly afraid to know the answer. They sat her down in a chair and looked her in the eyes.

"Your mother... she was caught up in a villain attack, crushed by a collapsing building and her remains weren't found either." He said waiting for a reaction. "N-no she can't be gone, please! She was all I had left..." she pleaded breaking into tears.

"I'm sorry kid, but we have to find you someplace to go." He replied trying to ease her pain "I'll take her in it was partly my fault anyway, I couldn't save her. I'm a lousy excuse for a No.1 hero." A blonde-haired man said

"Are you sure All Might? You already have your job as a hero, are you sure you can handle it?" The other people around the room asked

"Are you sure All Might? You already have your job as a hero, are you sure you can handle it?" The other people around the room asked. "I'm sure, plus it's the least I could do." He replied. "Thank you, sir!" I sniffle hugging him as he bends down to my level

*The next day at school Aka HELL ON EARTH*

(Athena's POV)

"I heard your Mom died, I bet you killed her didn't you!" He snickered pushing me over. At that moment I finally snapped, I stood up and walked towards him, all the plant life in the park suddenly wilted at my command.

"Get out of my sight, or you'll be next," I growled. They all suddenly screamed in fear and ran away from me, that was the last time anyone ever bothered me but that included potential friends sadly.

Eventually, I started to pretend I was fine, just a happy, cheerful and rowdy girl so that Dad stopped worrying. However on the inside, I was really begging myself to stop, but I was being stubborn.

I wanted someone to notice my grief and look me in the eyes when I said "I'm fine," and tell me "I know you're not." But sadly that never happened so I just kept on building my walls up higher and higher until nobody ever bothered asking about my mental state.

That's how I ended up here. Aldera Junior High, I better prepare myself for another 6 months of lying to myself.