Chapter 6: Entance Exam

I was now at my battle centre, I looked around hoping to see a familiar face. To my dismay there was no one to be found, I'm all alone with a huge crowd of people. I know once I actually start fighting I'll most likely forget the stares I might be getting, but it still is rather frightening.

I walk closer to the entrance and wait for a sign to start, people are talking to each other about their quirks, others boasting about how they're 'Totally gonna get in'. I hear the signal to start and race into the city, I sprint off into an area that doesn't have anyone around to start my search for the faux villains. I run around another corner only to be met with a group of Three-pointers, I run towards them without hesitation.

One of them swings its arms at me, I skid under it grazing my leg on the road in the process and wince. 'I shouldn't be complaining right? Well, guess what, even if you were immortal or have insane healing abilities your still going to feel pain.' It tries once again but I slap its arm and shut it down, I then proceeded to run towards another Three pointer.

'I could just look at it, however, I want to make sure that people know I was the one who took it down.' I stay out of its line of sight in order to have the element of surprise which will make it easier. 'If I didn't then anyone could've been given credit and that's not ideal.'

I stealthily sneak up behind it and smack it, leaving it collapsed on the ground. I continue with this technique for about five minutes. 'Oh shit, I've lost track of how many points I have and no, not because I've taken a heap of robots down, no. It's because I'm a lazy ass who can't be bothered doing the math.'

I see a guy about to be hit from behind by a Two pointer, in a rush I run towards him and shove him out of the villain's range. I look towards the villain and see it's arm heading straight for me slowly as if it's in slow motion. I use the opening to touch it's arm before it can reach me making it deactivate. I turn my attention back to the boy, his eyes are glowing a bright blue.

"Is this your quirk?" I ask curiously. "Yeah, I call it Slo-mo, I can slow the movements of anything I look at but doing so also slows my movements," He smiles proudly. "Hey, can I get your name?" I ask trying not to be awkward. "My name's Kaito, and yours?" He asks waiting for a reply.

"O-oh yeah my name's Athena, also have I met you before you seem familiar," I rack my brain to look for an explanation. "Well since you saved me most people know as Judge a popular singer online, so I wouldn't be surprised if you know me." "Wait a minute, Judge?! You didn't tell me you were applying to U.A.!" I start shaking him frantically. "Wait a second, Karma is that you?! You didn't say anything either you hypocrite!" He growls. I fiddle with my fingers innocently.

I suddenly hear a commotion coming from a few streets down. "Come on Kaito, let's go see what all the commotion is!" I make my way towards the source of distress, The Zero pointer. 'Time to prove that I can beat this thing!' The other examinees around me were fleeing in terror, while I was running headfirst into danger.

"What are you doing you dumbass! You're going to get yourself killed!" Kaito calls for me to turn back. "Sorry no can do, I gotta make sure this thing doesn't cause any major injuries!" I yell. 'I won't run away! I have to do this for Mum, Dad and most of all myself!'

"When one is faced with danger their true colours show, just because this is an exam doesn't mean you should turn a blind eye! When danger is before you should fight until the bitter end!" I yell to those of them who chose to run. "A true hero risks it all in order to save others, you all aim to be heroes, don't you?! So why are you running away with your tails between your legs?!" I hear all the footsteps behind me stop for a moment.

"She's right, we shouldn't be running! I'm not gonna run any longer, I'm going to face my fears head-on!" Someone yells. I hear the thundering of footsteps heading towards me, I smile and manoeuvre my way towards the Zero pointer. "You guys go help the others who are injured! I'll take care of this hunk of junk, just leave it to me!" I smile and give them a thumbs up.