Chapter 13: The Truth

They knew about her, could I finally find the truth?

"Do you know how she died? If you don't mind me asking," I looked up at them, seeing their confusion. "I mean, why do you want to know? How do you even know who she is?" They queried. I looked down at my feet, swinging them back and forth under the table.

"She's a family member, I want to know the truth, about how she died that is," I added. They seemed intrigued at why someone like myself would take interest in someone they didn't appear to know all too well. It wasn't that far off though, I hardly knew anything about my Mother.

"How about we tell you more than just how she died? Would you like to know what she did for a living too?" Tomura smirked at me, waiting for my reply. "I'd like to know everything, if you don't mind telling me that is," I wanted to be as polite as possible, otherwise I could miss this chance.

"Sure, what do you wanna know first? Oh wait, you don't get that choice, I do," He joked, it wasn't funny. "How did I know you'd say that?" I sighed in frustration. "Let's start with what she did for work then," He propped his head up with a fist, smirking at me.

"Her line of work wasn't exactly what people considered 'normal' in fact it was quite the opposite," He started, watching my expression as if he was waiting for something. "What do you mean by that?" I asked, looking around the room. "She was one of us, you know what I mean by that yes?" He watched me intently as my expression twisted.

"You mean she... she was... why...?" My whole world froze, what was she doing while she was out all those nights? "Just like you, she was rejected by the world like most villains. Her Quirk was apparently 'sinister' to them. She had an ability much like yours but also quite different. She could manipulate people's bodies, appearance and all," He explained.

"But there are so many good uses for that? Why would they fear it?" It made no sense to me. "There are many useful abilities people deem dangerous out of fear. There was an incident when she was younger, that's what she said at least," He scratched his neck, eyeing me from his peripheral vision.

"She'd gather information for us, do some fieldwork and the boss paid her pretty well. She said if she could find another job she'd take it, but nobody wanted someone with an incident like her's on their record." He continued, still scratching.

"I see... so it was my fault...? She needed the money to provide for me..." I looked down at my hands, which were balled up into fists now. "Not really, it was her own choice. Could've done some other illegal job but no, she chose this. Why? I don't know the answer to that," He countered, it made me feel a little better I guess.

"Thanks for that, don't forget you were going to tell me how she died," I reminded him. "I didn't forget," He rolled his eyes, shifting, changing his position on the seat across from me. "We've got a video, we downloaded it before it got deleted though. So you won't find this on YouTube," He added, handing me a tablet.

"Alright, I'll watch the video," I took it from him. I played the video and watched. 

"Endeavor's fighting a villain! They seem to be the well-known villain Ayatsuru, the puppeteer! Oh, what's this! Endeavor appears to be losing?!" I could see my mother fighting him, All Might was on the scene too. She was winning and I felt proud, but then I realised what this video was about. Her death

Suddenly I heard a scream come from the device. "What's this? Ayatsuru seems to be... gone?" The person with the camera zoomed in, there was only flames and ashes left. All Might finished off his opponent knocking them out with a solid punch causing the wind pressure to blow the ashes away.

My grip on the tablet tightened, and tears welled up in my eyes as I noticed the date in the corner of the screen. It was the same day she went to 'get groceries'. "He... HE DID THIS. HE TOOK HER AWAY, IT'S THEIR FAULT! It's their fault she's gone..." Tears were rolling down my face. "Why? What did we do to deserve this? What went wrong?!" I slammed my hands on the table. 

"Those bastards, those lying bastards! I'll show the world what their 'heroes' are really like! They take children's parents away and crush people's dreams!" I cried. I didn't know what to think, it was too much to take in at once. All I knew was that I didn't want to become one of those scumbags. If only I'd known, I could've confronted them both sooner!

"So what'll you do with this information?" Tomura watched, pleased with my reaction. "I'll tear them all down from the inside, ruin the hero's reputation and show their true colours," I growled, wiping the tears from my face. That's what I'd do, I'd stick in U.A and expose the frauds within. 

"That sounds good for us, how about we initiate our plan Kurogiri? She'll be useful in our ranks, another person on the inside will help greatly," Kurogiri nodded in agreement. "Wise choice Shigaraki, we'll start informing her of the plan then. We'll keep the other mole out of it for now," He walked behind the bar, taking our empty glasses with him.

"What's your connection to her anyways? You said she was a family member?" He asked curiously. "She's my mother, I've been staying with All Might these past eight years. They told me she died in a villain attack, as a casualty. Not as the villain," I held my face in my hands.

"That's just cruel, but that's how the world is. Forces us to suck it up," He grimaced. "Welcome to our ranks then Athena, you'll have to think up a villain name too. You don't have a hero name yet, do you?" He queries. "Nope," Was my reply.

"Well then better come up with two names then, or you can use the same one. That wouldn't go so well though, now would it?" He got up leaving his seat to stretch. "Probably not, I'm not very creative though so I'll need some help with that," I sat up and followed suit. "We'll help with the villain name, you're on your own for the hero one though," He walked towards a notebook and tore a page out of it. 

"Here's my phone number, you'll need it," He handed me the paper. "What on Earth is your handwriting? It looks like a foreign language, Jesus!" I cringed, pulling out my phone. "Hey! I'm not that bad! I take offence to that," He barked.

"Sure~ Whatever floats your boat man," I put the number in my contacts naming him 'Dusty Douchebag'. "What's the name for?!" He protested. "It's a code name, I don't know what you're implying Tomura," I grinned mischievously. "Brat," He mumbled. "Oh, I know, that's what makes it fun," I waved as I walked out the door.

"See ya later!" I called, running off into the crowded streets once more. I definitely lost track of time, it's already 8:00 and I left school at around 3:00! I pulled my earphones out of my bag and popped them in my ears. "HOLY SHIT, HOLY SHIT, HOLY SHIT, HOLY SHIT, HOLY SHIT, HOLY SHIT, HOLY SHIT, HOLY SHIT, HOLY SHIT!" I sang along earning weird stares as I went. 

(A/N: If anyone knows what song this is I love you and you are now my new favourite person. But anyway, I've decided to write shorter chapters but upload more frequently. Since nobody gave their opinion. If you guys don't mind, please tell me if you prefer me uploading chapters this way or not. Also, leave a comment to suggest villain names for Athena, I already have an idea for a hero name but feel free to suggest those too! Thanks for reading! :D )