Chapter 2: A new purpose

(A/N: I do NOT own this quote)

"I swear to god Katsuki you're always causing trouble for Athena!" Mitsuki yelled while smacking him upside the head. "Shut it old hag!" Katsuki retorted.

I gave Katsuki a cold glare, "Is that how you treat your mother?" I smiled creepily. He looked back at me and I smacked him with a book from my bag, "What was that for!" He growled.

"Next time you disrespect your mother in front of me I'm gonna send you flying face-first into a wall, got it?" I gave him a closed eye smile.

"Thank you, Athena, Katsuki really needs someone to knock some sense into him once in a while," said Mitsuki while glaring at her son. "I'm leaving!" yelled Katsuki walking through the door.

"Hey, Athena do you mind following him so he doesn't get into any trouble?" I looked towards the door and back at Mitsuki. "Sure no problem!" I grinned while running out the door.

I ran towards Katsuki who was walking off in the distance "Katsuki, wait up!" I huffed while coming up next to him. "What are you doing here?" Katsuki frowned not looking pleased with my appearance.

"Following you, what does it look like I'm doing?" I replied with sarcasm evident in my voice. He scowled at my response and continued walking until he met up with his "friends".

We were walking down an alleyway and I was lagging behind as to not disturb whatever they were doing. "Hey, Katsuki aren't you and Midoriya childhood friends?" One of the guys asked. "You went a little overboard today." The other continued.

"You can say that again," I mumbled. "It's his fault for getting in my way," He replied while kicking a soda bottle. I saw something spill out of it but I didn't think it was important so I let it go.

"Don't let it get to you." "Why don't we go to the arcade for a change of pace?" One of them asked. It wasn't actually a bad idea in my opinion, Katsuki could take out his rage on the games. "You'll come, too, right, Katsuki?" He paused for a moment before responding.

"Yeah." "Then let's go to the one in front of the station." The other added. "There's lots of prey there." 'Prey? What do they mean by prey? If it's something bad I swear to god!' "You're terrible." 'I still have no clue what they're talking about' I think sighing to myself.

"What?! If we get caught it'll end up on my record!" He yells angrily. 'So bullying Izuku in front of teachers won't get on your record?' I frown.

"Hey, look!" They say with panic in their voices. I stare in the direction they're pointing at to see a huge slime thing that seems to be a villain. I run towards Katsuki trying to get him away from whatever that 'thing' is.

"An invisible cloak with a great Quirk!" It yells. "Katsuki move!" I scream at the top of my lungs. It was already too late, the villain had already taken him hostage.

⏳Timeskip to the heroes arrival⏳

The heroes arrived in a few minutes, I looked at Katsuki fear in my eyes. "No, no, no... Not again, please" I started to panic. I started walking towards the villain 'My Quirk is lethal, so how could I help him?' I panic.

'He's literally made of sludge so the only way I could beat him would be to...' I suddenly remembered that I promised that I wouldn't hurt anyone. I stopped in my tracks

'I can't do anything... All I can do is stand and watch as my friend slowly dies.' I feel tears slipping down my face.

I hear a familiar voice calling out, I turn and see a familiar face. "Izuku?" I whisper to myself "Kacchan!" 'What's that idiot doing?! He's going to get himself killed!' I run towards him but he's already too close to the villain.

He throws his backpack at him and tries to dig his friend out of the sludge. 'That's it I don't care anymore! I'll just kill the damn guy then bring him back! Yeah, that'll work!' I think while grabbing Izuku and throwing him back onto the concrete away from the villain knocking him out in the process.

I think about killing him by stopping his heart completely so it'll just look like he passed out. All of his movements cease and I pull Katsuki out, I sigh relieved that I found a way to save him.

I lay him down on the floor and check his breathing, I put my ear up to his mouth and feel his breath. I then release a breath I didn't know I was holding, and stand up.

I slowly approach the villain despite the warnings the heroes gave, I bend down and grab the soda bottle he came out of. I continue heading his way and start scooping the sludge into the bottle, after I finished I started his heart up again.

I walk towards the heroes and the crowd, I see another familiar face among the crowd. Dad. 'Why didn't he do anything?! He could clearly see that my friend was dying and yet he stood there and did nothing...'

I scowled and walked up to the nearest hero. "Here, this is the villain. Oh and next time, try to actually help," I growl.

I walk away from the scene as if nothing even happened. I realised something at that moment. 'He couldn't save my mother and he couldn't save Katsuki either.

What makes him different from all the others who just want money and fame? In reality, he's just the same, I was finally opening up more. Becoming more social and now all that effort's gone down the drain.' I sigh and clench my fists.

'I swear that I will become a hero! I don't care about how popular I become, I want to be a hero for the sake of helping others, not for the money and fame. I'll set an example for them to follow and make heroes great again!'

'Just watch me! I'll show them all the true meaning of being a hero!'