Chapter 11: The Dumpster of Insecurity

(Bakugou's POV)

"Kacchan, All Might wants to talk to you for a minute!" I stopped on top of I building before looking down and noticing All Might next to Deku. "What do you want shitty nerd?!" I leapt off the building, stopping myself with my explosions before I hit the ground. "Young Bakugou do you know why Athena might've done this?" All Might seemed quite stressed.

"You're both idiots! Even before she told me I could see she was enduring some shit, yet somehow you're still fucking oblivious to her lies?!" This is pissing me off! "What do you mean Kacchan? What lies?" Are they fucking kidding me?!

"The smile's fake," I put my fingers up to my face forcing my cheeks up to smile threateningly, still glaring daggers. They didn't see it coming,  that's because they weren't thinking about the big picture.

"Think about it this way Deku, a young child is rejected and ridiculed for most of her life because of her quirk." I see him visibly stiffen at that. 

"Her mother supposedly dies in a villain attack leaving no remains, sketchy as all hell by the way," I point at All Might. I'm not even halfway in, Shitty nerd's horrified and All Might's panicking.

All Might's face already tells me he thought nobody knew, well he was dead wrong. "She gets taken in by the No. 1 Hero, All Might. Now everyone wants to be her friend, but here's the truth, they were all using her," All Might is speechless and Deku was silent with wide eyes.

"She didn't know who to trust, but then she moves to a new school and meets us. She trusted me enough to tell me, now look what's fucking happened! I was getting my shit together for U.A and Shitty hair just hung around sometimes, telling me to calm down. After ignoring her she thinks we've been using her like everybody else!"

"Oh, and by the way, Deku you've got no excuses ya shitbag. You did ignore her, completely disregarded her, leaving her behind even though you had the time!" Before they can say anything I blast myself over to the next street.

(Athena's POV)

I'm currently hiding in a dumpster and by some miracle, they haven't found me, either they're stupid or I'm just lucky, I'm not quite sure which. Either way, I don't think I can face the class after this, they probably think I'm some stuck-up drama queen after attention. Something like that probably.

What'll they say to me? What'll I say to them? Maybe I should curl up in a ball and never leave, that sounds like the safer alternative. Maybe they'll give up at some point? Nah, they probably won't. 

I mean, I'm an asshole, but I'm not that bad. At least, I don't think I am. They probably hate me, I should've stayed quiet, I mean the outburst felt glorious, but was it worth it? The look on their faces surely was but I didn't think this far ahead, what happens if they find me?

I think I'd rather become a murderer today, yeah, that doesn't sound half bad. Surely the villains wouldn't mind me joining in, heck maybe they'll even be grateful. "Now I just need an escape plan-"

Suddenly light seeps into the dumpster causing me to squint, I give my eyes a second to adjust before glancing up. Todoroki. My eyes widen at the sight of him. Well shit, at least it's not Katsuki or Izuku I guess. If it was Mineta then I would've already been a murderer by now. "I- uh, fuck it," I clutch his arm and yank him in the dumpster.

He knocks his head against the floor before clutching it in pain, he stares at me and frowns. "What're you doing in here?" I cross my legs and avoid his gaze. "Hiding, that's what." I can feel him staring and observing me. "Why are you sad?" I whip my head around to look him the eyes.

"Life's got it out for me, everything sucks and Dad's being an asshole," He pauses for a moment, looks like he's considering something. "You hate your father too?" I'm not surprised he does, Endeavor's an absolute asshat. "Ah yes, the Daddy issues club. Join me Todoroki, we can rid the world of incompetent fathers! What d'ya say?" I wrap an arm around him, chuckling.