The Dark Heir by HM_Braverman

Come to the dark side! We have cookies and evil tea! 😈🍪☕️🍪☕️🍪☕️🍪😈Pull up your rickety chair and make yourself comfortable while you can!

😈🍪☕️🍪☕️🍪☕️🍪😈
Pull up your rickety chair and make yourself comfortable while you can!

Come to the dark side! We have cookies and evil tea! 😈🍪☕️🍪☕️🍪☕️🍪😈Pull up your rickety chair and make yourself comfortable while you can!

The Dark Heir by HM_Braverman

Just like John Cleese said, here is something completely different. Today's book is one that I've just recently discovered and I had to include it here, because it is amazingly funny and deserves a lot more readers, as it is also the author's entry for the Open Novella Contest 2019 hosted by Wattpad's OpenNovellaContest.

⭐️ What's inside?

The blurb promises us the following love child:

What would it look like if "Good Omens", "Monty Python" and "Arrested Development" had a back-alley three-way one-night-stand and birthed a fairytale?

The result would be of course: The Dark Heir. Subtitle: A Book of Assumptions, Anti-Heroes and Apocalypses. Well Maybe just one Apocalypse.

⭐️ Who will enjoy this book?

Anyone who is up for a quirky and odd story with more dark humour, witty remarks and biting sarcasm than is healthy and good for them. I've stated it in a comment and will say it here again: this story is "completely and adorably bonkers." Lovers of Monty Python and Terry Pratchett will feel instantly at home in this madhouse.

The author serves us a refreshing twist on well known tropes. There's a king, but he's gay, there's a queen, but she's depressed and adulterous, there's a Dark Lord, but -, no, he is definitely evil, and then there's (just) a magician and a possibly evil princess. Lots of people die along the way, others are catapulted into the future to change the past, we get to know things about cults we didn't even want to know and then the world might be saved in the end. Or will it? That remains to be seen, as the story is still ongoing, but I have full trust in the author that she will take this to a finale that will be worthy of this tale. Ah, yes and Fate is a woman and she drives a red Ferrari. Smooth ride.