Through The Wall by katkeenan

*falls through the wall with a tray of cookies and tea*
🍪☕️🍪☕️🍪☕️🍪☕️🍪
Welcome to the lands of faerie!

*falls through the wall with a tray of cookies and tea*🍪☕️🍪☕️🍪☕️🍪☕️🍪Welcome to the lands of faerie!

Through The Wall by katkeenan

Do you love high fantasy with faeries, witches, magic, and romance? Are you perhaps a fan of Sarah J. Maas and Holly Black? Yes? Good, because then I have the right story for you. Through The Wall is an ongoing fantasy-romance that will draw you in with its well-rounded characters and wonderful world-building. A fast-moving plot with intricate twists and turns will keep you hooked. Beautiful headers and aesthetics make this story also a visually pleasing experience.

⭐️ What's there on the other side of the Wall?

We follow Innara, who has just found out that she's a witch —a death sentence in her world — on her unexpected adventures through the faerie lands of Cirrelea, where she meets Kir, a handsome but slightly unnerving Fae lord. While both make it very clear that they don't trust each other, circumstances force them to form an alliance. Interesting situations aplenty ensue. Since the chapters are alternately written from Innara's and Kir's point of view, we get to see both their sides, human and fae. Needless to say, this makes the whole story even more entertaining. Beautiful descriptions that are never too much, but always on point, and an array of fleshed-out secondary characters, Dain, Clove, and Rylla, to name only a few, make me always look forward to the next update.

⭐️ A peek inside

I don't want to spoil too much from the plot, so I will only add a few quotes from the early chapters just to give you an idea of Kathleen's lovely writing.

Fae are very different from humans. Innara learns that quite quickly as we can see in chapter 4.

"I'll give you that you don't smell like anything in Cirrelea." He stepped back, leaning against the wall and striking a relaxed pose. But it didn't fool her. She'd seen too many Wall Walkers spring into a fight from a casual stance.

"Did you just smell me?"

He smirked. "I did."

The look of amusement on his face irritated her, but her hot cheeks annoyed her even more. She wrapped her arms around herself.

"Can you help me find my way back or not?"

°°°°°°°°°°

This short quote from Chapter 5 shows so very well the entertaining banter between Innara and Kir.

"Name's Kir," he said in a low voice as he kept his eyes on the path ahead.

"Kir. Is that it? No last names here? I figured it would be something more like Kir of the Felicitous Fir Trees. Or something like that."

That caught his attention, and he turned to her. "Felicitous Fir Trees?" His lips quirked, and she noted it going by her own grin. Composing himself, he turned back to the path. No joking around with the human. "I'm Kir. That's all you need to know."

°°°°°°°°°°

And just one more, this time from chapter 6, because it shows that sizzling chemistry between Innara and Kir.

"Innara." He had pulled up a chair near her and was watching her with intensity. And she had to grit her teeth. It was the first time he had used her name, and Wall-be-damned she liked how the R in her name rolled off his tongue.

❤️ The cutest bit

...is actually the impossibly adorable ball of fur and feathers named Haze, a mixture of owl and cat with sea-green eyes. According to Clove in chapter 6 "he's an owl-griffin, he's cantankerous, but he wouldn't hurt anyone under Kir's roof."

Haze has not only stolen Innara's heart but also mine. I'm so looking forward to someone drawing fanart of this cutie!

⭐️ Are you ready?

Then come along and witness Innara and Kir as they stubbornly deny their feelings for each other and deliberately ignore what's right in front of them. And hopefully decide to follow their hearts before it's too late.

Please, author! *makes puppy eyes*

Thank you for not littering beyond the Wall and please return your empty teacups!🍪☕️🍪☕️🍪

🍪☕️🍪☕️🍪

°°°°°°°°°°

Author's Notes: I hope you've enjoyed this review and if it has piqued your interest, head over to the author's profile and give her story a read.

Stay tuned for the next review^^!

💫 Flora 💫