Moebius 2157 by taivaan_sininen

Have a cup of tea and a cookie!
🍪☕️🍪☕️🍪☕️🍪☕️🍪
Let's head to the future for today's review!

Have a cup of tea and a cookie!🍪☕️🍪☕️🍪☕️🍪☕️🍪Let's head to the future for today's review!

Moebius 2157 by taivaan_sininen

This doesn't look like a fantasy book, does it?

You are correct. It isn't, but let me tell you, this is a brilliant book and it will capture you with a wickedly clever plot and beautiful writing. It is another entry for Wattpad's Open Novella Contest and has been recently completed.

Are you ready for a trip into a dystopian future that is both hopeful and depressing? You don't mind getting your heart crushed and your brain tied in an endless loop? Then buckle up and make sure you bring enough (evil) tea to last you for a trip through time and space and, hopefully, back again.

This might contain spoilers, although I'll try to keep them to a minimum, so please proceed at your own risk.

⭐️ What's inside?

A broken future, where the last surviving humans have taken to live, or better, vegetate, underground. But then a spark of hope glimmers in the darkness when special agent Alyssa Caine is selected to eliminate the one person believed responsible for the downfall of mankind. The only problem? He is already dead. Not really an obstacle which the smart people of the future cannot overcome. After all, there is something called time travel. Alyssa learns from a group of scientists about the project Last Hope and embarks on a mission that will not only change her own life forever.

⭐️ The good stuff!

The fact that this story is set in a dystopian, gloomy and dark era and bunkers are the new home of what's left of mankind, doesn't mean that the writing can't be beautiful. The powerful imagery takes us right into the nightmarish society of a future we all hope will never come to pass.

The author deals cleverly with the idea of time travel and sets up the plot in such a way that each chapter goes from one cliffhanger to the next, practically forcing the reader to keep going. She inserts concepts that are difficult to grasp in a very understandable way for readers that are not into quantum physics and subatomic structures and there isn't a single boring moment during the entire story. Even despite the concise length of this novella and rigid limit of word count, the author manages to present us with a distinct feeling for this dark world and makes the character's actions believable for us.

❤️ Lovers through time

Alyssa Caine
She isn't just the tough agent who can do kick-ass moves, well she is, but she's also a woman who has self doubts, who is compassionate and when she finds love, she nearly misses her chance at recognising it. She has trouble expressing her own emotions and is forced to make decisions that throw her repeatedly into moments of doubt and despair. In the end what makes her such a strong character is the fact that she is willing to sacrifice her own happiness for a world that might be a better place, even if she cannot be a part of it. Or perhaps she can?