The UnTitled by LanaJoKing

*hands out cookies and tea to Damsels and Heroes alike*
🍪☕️🍪☕️🍪☕️🍪☕️🍪
Welcome aboard a trip to Fairendale!

*hands out cookies and tea to Damsels and Heroes alike*🍪☕️🍪☕️🍪☕️🍪☕️🍪Welcome aboard a trip to Fairendale!

The UnTitled by LanaJoKing

Moonlit abs are the least of her worries

A story with such an extravagant tagline must be worth at least a peek inside, right? Believe me, it is, and so much more. The UnTitled, an LGBTQA+ story with an asexual lead, is one of the funniest stories I've ever read on Wattpad. Quirky moments galore are guaranteed. Bonus points: it's finished and there is a sequel in the works.

If you're a lover of fantasy romance with smirking heroes, impeccable abs and endless erotic innuendoes, then you'll love this. And if you hate all those things with a raging passion, then this story is the perfect one to keep you company. It takes all those well-known tropes and mashes them together into a glorious soup of entertaining fairytale-cocktail. It's a story about Heroes, Damsels, Extras, Villains, and possibly-lethal-but-perhaps-also-not-quite-as-dangerous-as-they-might-seem Sirens who are all thrown into a most unexpected adventure. Ah, yes, and let's not forget the Blue-Bird-of-Annoyance.

But beneath all the jokes and funsies, it's a tale about friendship and acceptance, about finding courage, and finding oneself beneath titles and expectations. And last but not least, it is a story about the power of love and the blindness of hate. The UnTitled reminds us that love comes in many shapes and colours, a truth many of us tend to forget.

⭐️ The Adventure Begins

I don't want to reveal too much of the plot for those of you who haven't read this story, so I'm going to include only two quotes from the first chapters.

This is from Chapter One - A Damsel in Distress (2/3) showing Charlie and her mother, who's trying to convince her daughter to embrace her fate as Damsel and accept the invitation to a ball.

"MOM," Charlie shouted. Her mother finally zipped her face and allowed her daughter room to say, "I'm not going," and walk away.

"Oh yes you are!" Charlie's mom huffed and followed after her. Charlie made it to the staircase and stomped up, growing more forceful with each step. Charlie's mom ran up behind her squawking away. "You are a twenty-six-year-old Damsel. Do you have any idea how embarrassing that is for your father and I? The first Damsel born in Chamberlain in a century and you won't even leave the front yard! Everyone had such high hopes for you!"

Here we are in Chapter Three - An Adventure Sets Sail (2/2) where Charlie begins to realise that this might actually take a turn for the worse.

The way the moonlight curved around his body, hugging each muscle on his chest in blue highlight and the way the ocean breeze flowed through his long, luscious strands of golden hair told Charlie everything she needed to know. Her adventure had indeed begun, and her adventure was an erotic romance.

⭐️ The Heart of the Story

Are the characters of course: Charlie, who wants nothing more than to write her own story but gets thrown into her absolute nightmare, from which she desperately seeks to escape.

Jordan, the dashingly-pretty-but-also-thoroughly-scary-but-also-really-effing-cool Siren, who has her own secrets to hide. Lots and lots of them. And she wears a really cool hat.

Then we have Gene, whose identity I cannot reveal due to spoilers, but who turns out to be just such a loveable cinnamon roll.

Intriguing villains and a whole bunch of completely unexpected twists and turns make this story a delightful and fun read. Nothing is ever like it seems and there is never an easy way out nor an obvious solution, and yes, people do actually die in this story. Lana's imagination is a sheer endless well producing a string of awesome scenarios, funny dialogues, and witty puns that will make you want to keep reading.

⭐️ The Best Bits of Fairendale

There are extras and more extras! Bonus chapters like The Cast of the UnTitled Reads Your Comments, an author's Q&A and another bonus story (A LGBTQ Song Fic Short) give you more of the Fairendale magic. And there's even a fanfic written by prysmcat for you to check out.

🍪☕️🍪☕️🍪

I kindly ask you to return your empty teacups. We don't want to incur the Overseer's wrath. And since we also don't want to attract that little Birdie's attention, please do not leave any crumbs behind either.

 And since we also don't want to attract that little Birdie's attention, please do not leave any crumbs behind either

°°°°°°°°°°

Author's Notes: I hope you've enjoyed this review and are now eager to check out Charlie's adventures! What are you still doing here? You should be on your way to Fairendale already!

Stay tuned for the next review!

💫 Flora  💫