7. turn on's & black eyes

violet pov

"You okay?" Luke asked as I walked into to school.I had bags under my eyes. I stayed up worrying about everyone and everything I looked up at him. "Peachy" I replied in a sarcastic tone. "Whats wrong?" He asked with a worried expression. "Boys are stupid, tell them not to be stupid Luke" I groaned letting my head fall into his chest. He loosely wrapped me into a hug. 

"We are really stupid sometimes" He chuckled as he held me. "Um, violet?" I heard a voice say behind me say. I lifted my head off Luke and turned around and was met with sparkling green eyes. 

I looked up and saw that he dyed his hair a new color, black. It was was hot on him. Like really hot. "Violet? Can we talk" He said again snapping me out of my thoughts. "Um, yeah let me just-" I said turning around to go back to Luke but saw that he was already half-way down the hall. 

I sighed "Never mind" I said turning back to Michael. "Could you tutor me again?" He asked looking around me, beside him, and behind him. "Looking for someone?" I asked looking around too. He stopped and looked at me. "Sorry its just-"

Then it all clicked. He was embarrassed to be seen with me.

"Oh" I said blankly looking down. "You don't wanna be seen with me" I said furrowing my eyebrows looking up at him. "No no its not like that violet" He said quickly trying to cover it up. "You know I down even know why I would want to help someone as self centered as you" I snapped before turning on my heels and walking away. "Wait vee" He said grabbing my wrist which sent sparks up my body. I saw him look down at his hand, almost scared and quickly pull away.

He stared blankly at his hand. Maybe he felt something too. "Only my friends call me vee" I said before walking away for the second time. "Please violet I really need your help!" He yelled across the hallway. I stopped and sighed and looked down, before turning around to face him a couple feet away from me. 

"I can't do this without you" He mumbled across the hall. I smiled sheeply to myself from his words. It felt like I was need. Need by the guy I secretly loved. I slowly walked back over to him trying to hide him smile.

"Thank you" He smiled. "Now, please tutor me again" He said sticking out his bottom lip and gave him puppy dog eyes, which made my heart melt. "Okayyy" I said dragging it out smiling. His lips curved into a smile. "Cool, um meet at my house after school" He smiled walking away. I smiled as I watched him walk away.

I walked in the other direction feeling butterflies in my stomach. Maybe i'm not so invisible anymore. I smiled but all of it faded when I felt myself being pulled into the girls bathroom and thrown on the cold tile floor. I looked up and saw Brooke and her friends standing in front of me. Oh no.

-

I looked in the mirror "Its not that noticeable right?" I asked Luke turning around showing him my attempt of covering up a black eye. But, by the look on his face I guess I did a poor job. "Why did you let her do that to you?" He asked me as I picked up my beauty blender to start putting more make up on it. "What do you mean? I didn't say-hey Brooke you should come and pull me into the girls bathroom and beat me up because I was talking to your boyfriend!" I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

I flinched as I added more makeup to my eye. "Vee, i'm worried about you. Maybe tutoring Michael wasn't such a good idea-"

"Luke this is my one chance, maybe even ever to talk and hang out with Michael. And if it means I have to get a black eye every once and a while then i'm fine with it" I said putting down my beauty blender and snaking on my shoes. 

He sighed and looked at me, and there it was. The look everyone was giving me recently. The look of pity. "Luke" I groaned standing up. "What?" He asked innocently. "The pity look, you know I hate that" I said looking at him. He opened his mouth but closed it again.

"You look at me like I'm this sad poor little girl who's in love with someone who's way out of her league. Who has a hot perfect girl friend who is secretly horrible to me and he has no idea" as I went on I realized I was saying these things to myself.

"Vee-"

"Luke, I have to go"

"Vee just wait"

"Im already late, bye Luke I'll text you later" I said walking over and placing a friendly kiss on his cheek, like I always did and walking out. He half smiled at me as I walked out of my room and down the stairs, on my way to Michael's.

-

I knocked on his door again for the second time in a week. I rocked back and forth on my heels as I waited for someone to answer the door. This time instead of his mom answering the door, he did. He opened the door to revile his shirtless body with grey sweatpants hanging low on his waist. My eyes traveled down to his toned stomach with sweat dripping on it and in his hair. The perfect combination to make a girl in love with him melt.

 He ran his hand through his new black and sweaty hair before saying "Sorry, I just got back from a run. I probably look gross" He laughed letting me in. 

"I dont mind" I said in a non-creepy way. As we walked up the stairs I noticed his back muscles. My eyes grew at the sight of them. I don't know about you but that was a big ass turn on for me. 

We walked into his room and I sat down on his bed. He went over to is drawer and pulled a shirt over his head. Not gonna lie I was kinda disappointed went all his muscles were hidden behind a piece of fabric. 

"Ready to study?" Michael asked walking over to me. I nodded and swallowed the knot In my throat. We study for a while before his mom walked in.

"Hey pumpkin I- Oh! Hello violet" She smiled at me. I looked over at Michael who's face was red from his nickname. I giggled and smiled at his mom. "I see you haven't had Brooke over in a while-"

My eyebrows furrowed at his statement. Why wouldn't he have his girlfriend over? "Mom just get out" Michael groaned angrily. "Fine fine, I'm leaving. Ill leave your too alone" She smiled leaving. I turned to Michael who was oddly so focused on his work, probably trying to avoid the question I was about to ask. 

"Why haven't you had Brooke over? Not that its any of my business" I said the last part quietly. "Exactly, it's not so don't ask" He mumbled not looking up from his work. I sighed. He looked up at me then looked back down. Then he furrowed his eyebrows looking up at me again. 

He looked at my eyes and came closer to my face, still furrowing his eyebrows. "What?" I asked. He licked his thumb and brought it up to my face before swiping it above my eye. He brought it off of my face and looked at it before showing it to me.

His thumb had concealer on it. "You have a black eye" He stated. I pushed his thumb away. "Don't worry about it" I mumbled. "She gave it to you didn't she?" He asked looking at me. He didn't even have to state who 'she' was. I just looked down. "Is it that noticeable?" I asked standing up and going towards his mirror. It was.

"She gave it to you didn't she?" He repeated now standing up too. "I can't deal with this right now, Mikey" I said grabbing my bag. "Vee wait" He said grabbing my wrist stopping me from walking out. 

He saw the look in my eyes when he said 'vee'. "You call me Mikey, I call you vee" He said in all seriousness. "I have to go" I said quietly before walking out of the room. 

word count: 1429

im so tired lol but tea lol