10. drunks & sober thoughts

violet pov

I put on the final touches of my makeup when I heard the doorbell ring. I grabbed my bag and my phone before racing down the stairs passed one of my brothers and answering the door. It was Calum. He was wearing back skinny jeans with a blank tank top with sunglasses. "Ready?" He asked. I smiled and nodded closing the door behind me. 

"Why are you wearing sunglasses it's dark outside" I laughed pointing to his sunglasses. "It's a vibe" He said with a straight face, making me giggle. We got into his car and started driving to the party. We pulled up to a street with cars everywhere and I could hear the blaring music from here.

We got out of the car and he grabbed my hand intertwining our fingers. As he did that I wondered to myself, what were we? We walked in and I looked amongst all the faces in the crowd. Some where dancing most were drinking. Cups were scattered across the floor and the smell of alcohol filled my nose making me scrunch up my nose in disgust. This is exactly why parties aren't my thing. 

"You okay?" Calum asked as we made our way through the crowd. I nodded and walked closer to calum as we made our way through teenagers grinding on each other. We finally made it to the kitchen. "Do you want a drink?" Calum asked me letting go of my hand and walking over to the solo cups. 

"Oh no thanks I don't drink" I said flashing a fake smile. The longer I stay here the more I realize why I don't go to parties. "Cmon babe, you can't go to a party and not drink" He frowned. "No it's okay really, you go drink ill drive us home" I said pushing him away. "You're drinking" He said before walking to go get us drinks. 

I groaned and was left alone where I was. "You look like you're having the time of your life" I heard a voice chuckle behind me. I turned around and saw Michael with a red solo cup in his hand. I laughed and looked down putting a stand of hair behind my hair.

"Parties aren't really my thing" I shrugged looking around at everyone. He nodded. "I can see, you're not drinking" He said pointing at my empty hand, I laughed. I looked around and realized how big this house was.

 "Who's house is this?" I asked him. "Ashton's. He's my friend he graduated last year" Michael said looking around the house also. I nodded remembering him mentioning Ashton once or twice before. I opened my mouth to speak when calum came over. "Here you go babe" He said handing me a cup. Michael's eyes shifted to calum. 

Calum looked at Michael. "Oh um-Calum this is Michael, Michael this is calum" I said introducing them. They awkwardly shook hands. "Let's go dance" Calum said bending down and whispering in my ear. "Okay" I said looking at him then back at Michael. "Um I'm gonna-"

"Yeah yeah go have fun" He said smiling walking off. Calum grabbed my hand and I set down my drink and heading to the dance floor. 

Michael pov

I watched her walk out on to the dance floor with calum. I didn't like him, at all. I could tell he didn't like me by the way he looked at me. I finished the gross liquid in my cup and threw it away. I could really feel the the alcohol kicking in. I need it to the most right now. I pored another drink and started to drink it. I started to wobble a little bit when I felt two hands on my shoulders trying to steady me.

"Woah there mike" I heard Derek laugh. "F-fuck off Derek" I slurred. "Gross dude you reek of alcohol" He said backing away from me. "Brooke's here if you wanna go talk to her" He said looking into the crowd. "I don't wanna f-fucking talk to b-britney" I said shaking my head. "You mean Brooke?" Derek asked. 

"Thats what I s-said" I said poking his chest. He put his hands up and backed away. "Whatever man you're wasted" He laughed walking away.

violet pov