21. Pretend & lies

violet pov

I pushed him into the house our lips still connected. I closed the door with my foot and pushed him up the stairs quickly. We finally parted when I quickly opened his door and grabbed his hand tugging him into the room and slammed the door. I grabbed his face and reconnected our lips. I bit his lip ring and tugged on it lightly with my teeth. 

He suddenly pulled away and looked at me. "Violet what are you doing?" He asked his cheeks turning red, almost embarrassed. "We've been kissing for about 5 minutes and now you ask?" I asked looking up at him. "Y-you're crying" He pointed out looking at my teary eyes. 

"I-I'm not" I said wiping my eyes. "Did something happen?" He asked looking at me. I avoid his eyes. "You talk too much" I quickly said leaning up and kissing him again. He kissed me back for about 2 seconds. "No, no, Vee what happened?" He asked pulling away. I licked my lips and looked out his window. 

"Did something happen with Michael?" He asked softly after a few seconds. "Michael's an asshole" I said still looking out the window trying to hold back tears but felt them brimming my eyes. "Not all he was cracked up to be, huh?" He asked. "I guess not" I said letting tears fall looking at my shoes. "I'm sorry" He said lightly. "No you're not" I said looking up at him shaking my head. He just looked at me. "I love you Luke and I know you care about me but you're not sorry" I said wiping my nose.  

"What happened?" He asked for the third time. "Brooke. Brooke happened" I whispered wanting to die even having to remember our conversation. "She was at his house" I explained walking over and sitting on the edge of his bed. He sat next to me. "I really thought he liked me" I admitted looking at Luke. He didn't say anything. 

"Sorry you probably don't want to hear about this" I said shaking my head. "Yeah I do" He nodded. "I don't care that you like Michael vee. Well, I care but it's okay" He shrugged making me smile. "You've liked him forever" He said. I nodded. 

"It doesn't matter anymore. Everything we were was just pretend. He was such a waste of 3 years" I furrowed my eyes brows. "Nothing was real" I sighed. "It didn't look fake to me violet. The way he looked at you or the things he'd say to you. It didn't look fake" Luke said trying to make me feel better.

"Well It was Luke" I snapped. He sighed. I shook my head. "I'm sorry luke I didn't-"

"It's okay"

"Brooke was right, I never had a real shot with him. Look at me I'm-I'm just a loser" I said turning my head to look at Luke. "Violet you're not a loser" Luke said looking at me. "You're my best friend you just have to say that" I sighed. "I guess we're both losers then" He said after a few seconds.

"I've never been anything more than a nobody who sits behind him and always get A's on her tests and tutored him because he sucks as chemistry" I cried. Luke pulled me into his chest and ran his fingers through my hair. "Why did I fall for him so h-hard?" I cried into his chest. 

"Shh violet, it's okay" He whispered. "I didn't want to fall so hard" I whispered. "I know, it's okay" He said softy still running his fingers through my hair. "Make it stop hurting, Luke please it hurts so bad" I said clawing at his shirt.

-

"Hey hey look at me" Luke said when I stopped in the middle of the hallway because I saw Michael talking to his friends against some lockers. I couldn't control my breathing. I turned and looked at him trying not to panic. "You've got this okay? Don't let anyone ruin your day. Not Brooke, Not Michael, Not nobody" He smiled looking down at me. 

I nodded and looked back down the hallway. "I'll just go grab my books okay? Wait for me in first period" I said looking down the hallway. "Are you sure?" He asked looking at Michael. I nodded. "I'll be right there" I said softly looking over at him. He sighed. "Okay" He said turning and walking into the classroom. 

I took a deep breath as I walked past Michael and his friends feeling tears fill my eyes.

please don't notice me

I let go a breath of relief when I pasted them. "Vee!" I heard Michael's voice say behind me making me stop. I felt like bursting out into tears as I turned around. "Hey I feel like we haven't talked all weekend" He laughed lightly. I tried to not let it hypnotize me, but it was so damn hard with his smile & laugh. He looked so happy.

I felt like dying inside. I looked past Michael's shoulder and Brooke was smiled at me from the other end of the hallway before she turned and walked out of my view. "Violet? Did you hear me?" Michael snapped me back to him. 

"I asked if you wanted to go on a date this Friday, I have something I want to-"

I cut him off by slapping his across the face, hard. I felt my hand tingle after. It caught everyone in the hallway's attention. He slowly brought his hand up to his let cheek. "How could you?" I asked tears falling down my face trying to keep myself together. "W-what?" He asked pain in his eyes. "I thought you actually liked me, but it was all just an act wasn't it?" I asked tears flooding my eyes.

"What? N-No! Violet what the hell are you talking about?" He whispered looking at everyone who was circling around us. "You had me going for a little bit I gotta say. You had me truly convinced that you really liked me" I said shaking my head. "I-I do like you!" He said looking at me. I shook my head.

"So everything you've ever said to me were all lies or just that?" I asked looking at him. "Violet I've never lied to you I don't know what you are talking about" He whispered to me. "You had sex with Brooke" I broke softly finally started to sob. I saw his face drop then I saw Luke running towards me. "Oh no you don't, not here" Luke said grabbing me and dragged my toward the exit. 

"Violet I-"

"Mate, don't" Luke said turning around and looking at him. 

-

Michael POV

"What the hell did you do?" I snapped through gritted teeth as I slammed Brooke's locker closed catching her attention. "Oh hi Mikey" She smiled putting on lip gloss. "Brooke what the hell did you do?" I asked again. She rubbed her lips together before puckering them and smiling. "Oh what ever do you mean Michael?" She asked turning her head smiling innocently. 

I clenched my jaw and slammed my hand against the locker making her jump. "You know what I'm taking about" I almost yelled. She rolled her eyes. "When did you even see her?" I asked looking her. She sighed. "I may or may not have run into her when I was leaving your house" She said crossing her arms.

I sighed and rubbed my forehead. "What. did. you. say?" I asked glaring at her. She opened up her locker and grabbed her bag and slung it over her shoulder. "I don't remember Mikey, It happened so long ago.." she said raising her eyebrows. "Tell me or I'll tell everyone about that STD you have freshman year" I said crossing my arms smiling. 

Her shoulder's tensed as she looked around to see if anyone heard me. I rolled my eyes. "Okay okay" She sighed. "I may or may not have told her I spent the night at your house the whole weekend" She said looking at her shoes. "What?" I asked starting to panic.

"and I also may or may not have said I needed to take some plan b's" She said started to look scared for my reaction. "Brooke you came to my house for two fucking seconds to pick up shit you left at my house when we were dating! I wasn't even home!" I yelled at her. She just looked at me.

"Oh my god" I groaned before running out of the school to go find Violet.

word count: 1419

oooo I also kinda love the part where Luke came and pulled her away.. Idk I thought that was cute but Brooke lied. Are we surprised?