13. Spin the bottle & new girls

Violet POV

"Just one! Jesus luke you're in high school just go to one god damn party!" I yelled over the phone to my best friend who was currently being difficult after I asked him to go to a party with me.

"Since when did you turn into such a party animal?" He asked sarcastically over the phone. I rolled my eyes as I paced around the room.

"Luke it's just a party" I sighed. "Okay? And you can't go without me?" He asked. I groaned and stood in front of my window. "Open your curtains" I said sternly. "No" he groaned.

"Luke please your my best friend, just come with me" I groaned. "Luke?" I asked looking at my phone thinking he might of hung up. "Uh-yeah yeah ill go" I heard him stutter.

"Aw thanks Lukey" I smiled. "Yeah yeah I'll be over in like an hour" He mumbled. "Okay thanks lukey I love you" I said before hanging up.

-

"How do I look?" I asked Luke who was sitting in a chair in front of me. He lifted his eyes from his phone and his eyes traveled my body. I twirled and started posing. I was wearing a cropped shirt and high waisted shorts."Luke?" I said snapping him out of his gaze. "What? Um yeah yeah you look great vee" He smiled his cheeks flushing red looking back down at his phone.

"You know I really like that lip ring, you look kinda hot" I said going over to him flicking it. He smiled and shook his head. I laughed and rolled my eyes. "Ready?" I asked grabbing my bag. He nodded and slipped his phone in his pocket before walking behind me. We walked to the party since neither one of us had a car and it wasn't that far.

I felt a cold breeze come over us and it sent goose bumps over my arms. I shivered and moved my hands up and down my arms in desperation to keep myself warm. "Are you cold?" Luke asked looking down at me.

I nodded. "Here" Luke said shrugging off his jacket and putting it around my shoulders. I smiled up at him. "You would make a great boyfriend luke. Any girl would be lucky to have you" I smiled pulling the jacket over me.

"Yeah" He mumbled looking at the ground. We walked up to the party and Luke stayed pretty close to my side since this was one of his first parties. We walked into the house and tried navigating our way through the people when we came to the main living room.

"Vee! You made it!" I heard Michael say standing up from a circle of people. "Vee?" Luke whispered confused on why he had called me that. "Luke it's fine" I said back. He came over and hugged me. "Mike you know Luke right?" I said turning around to look at Luke.

"Yeah yeah I think he's in my bio" Michael said going in for a hug. I guess Michael patted his back too hard because I saw Luke flinch. Michael started talking to Luke about random guy things. "I'm gonna go get a drink" I said to them. Luke grabbed my wrist once I started to walk away.

"You'll be fine" I mumbled to him. I started walking to the kitchen when I bumped into someone causing me to stumble back before they grabbed my arm and pulled me close to them so I wouldn't fall.

"Are you okay?" I heard a familiar voice say. "I'm fine thanks" I said looking up at him our noses almost touching since he had pulled me so close. "Cal" I said looking at him. "Vee" he said looking down at me. He let go of me and cleared his throat. "You look nice Vee" He said looking at me.

"Look Calum I am really sorry about-

"Calum?" I heard someone say coming up behind him. She grabbed his hand and intertwined their fingers. I felt a lump form in my throat as the thought of him holding someone else's hand, let alone be with someone else. I nervously rubbed my hands together.