14. not friends & runaways

violet's POV

"I don't care, I don't care, I don't care!" I yelled throwing my phone across the room trying to contain my emotions. Luke's eyes went wide as he saw my phone fly across the room.

"What is it?" He asked looking over at me. Tears filled my eyes. "I don't care" I said trying to not let the tears spilled over. "You seem to care Vee, don't cry. What is it?" He asked looking at me as we sat on my bed.

"I care" I cried wiping my eyes not looking at him. Luke looked at me before standing up and walking over to my phone. He picked it up and he raised his eyes brows. He saw the picture I saw.

Callie & Calum kissing with the caption. 'One and only<3'

He looked up at me. "Vee you have to stop crying over this boy" he said blankly. "You think I want to cry over him?" I asked throwing my hands up.

He shook his head. "What about Michael?" He asked. I thought for a second. "I don't know" I mumbled. "Wow violet." He rolled his eyes. "What?" I asked.

"Don't be one of those girls" he said looking at me across the room rolling . "W-What?" I asked knowing what he was implying. "Violet" he said. "Why would you say that to me?" I asked confused knowing he knew I was in a time of hurt.

I saw his jaw clench as he looked away from me, biting his lip ring. "Because violet-" He lead on. He looked over at me as tears brimmed at my eyes.

"I can't deal with this" he mumbled walking out of my room, slamming the door. I sat there in shock before rushing up and running after him.

I heard him slam my front door before I raced down the stairs and out the door after him. "Luke!" I yelled trying to get him to stop. "Luke s-stop!" I cried.

He stopped and slowly turned around, I walked up to him. "What is wrong?" I asked looking into his eyes but he was looking anywhere but mine.

"Violet. Sometimes you're just-" he groaned before looking into my eyes. "Sometimes you're just so stupid!" He yelled. My lip started to quiver. "I-I'm sorry" I said. "You don't even know what you're apologizing for!" He yelled.

"Then tell me!" I yelled. "I-I can't" he mumbled looking down. "I have to go violet" he said looking up at me.

"Please, luke"

"I'm sorry" he said before turning and walking towards his house. I looked up trying to contain my tears before I just started walking. I didn't look where i was going, I just let my feet go where ever they wanted.

I somehow ended up in front of Michael's house. I debated for a good 20 minutes weather to knock or not.

I knocked lightly on his door before I heard the lock turn. Michael was looking down at his phone before he looked up and met my teary eyes.

"Violet? Why-why are you crying?" He asked looking up at me with conceded eyes. I bit my lip and turned to the side. "Here come in" he said opening the door all the way.

I walked up the stairs and to his room in silence before sitting cross-legged on his bed. He walked in behind me and closed the door.

"Now please tell me why you are crying" he said sitting next to me on his bed. "Now tell me what happened" He said looking at me. "L-luke got mad for some reason because I got upset that calum posted this picture with this other girl and-" I bit my lip to hold back tears. He placed his hand on my knee in a friendly-concerned manner but it sent shock waves up my body.

Something I never felt with calum.

"Sorry" he said moving his hand noticing my reaction. I felt a smile creep onto my lips. "Don't be" I looked up at him. He looked at me. "Is that okay?" He asked placing it higher up my knee, onto more of my thigh making goosebumps appear on my skin.

I nodded. I saw his eyes flicker down to my lips. I felt myself start to lean in. He started to lean in too. I could feel his breath on my lips when his door swung open. I quickly turned away from him and his hand left my thigh as we both scooted away from each other.

I looked up and it was Derek. "Dude?" He asked looking between us. "Hey-uh what are you doing here?" He asked hoping up from his bed. "Just came to play some video games, why is that here?" He asked pointing to me.

I felt heat rise to my cheeks. I scrambled off his bed and tried wiping my eyes from the tears from the previous events earlier. "What do you mean that?" He asked. "I mean why is this loser here with you?" He said looking at us.

I looked at Michael. "Were friends" He shrugged. "Really because it looked like you too were about to make out" Derek laughed. "No bro" Michael laughed. I physically felt my heart break inside of me. "I'm never good enough for anybody am I?" I asked him tears threatening to spill.

He just looked at me. I rolled my eyes and ran out of his room and down his stairs. I walked out of his house.

"Violet" he said grabbing my arm. "Just stop Michael" I said looking at him. "I'm sorry" he said looking at me. I just shook my head. "I don't even know why I tried to kiss you-"

My mouth fell open. "That made it worse I mean-"

"Just stop" I rolled my eyes walking away. "Violet!" He yelled again. "Vee!" He yelled. "Only my friends call me that" I said turning around and then walking away.