20. broken boys & broken girls

Violet POV

I knocked lightly on the door to Luke's house. It had been a week since we last talked. This is one of the longest times we've been mad at each other and I couldn't stand it. He kept his curtains closed so I could see him. He had barely been at school and when he was he avoided me in everyday possible. I was tired of it. I wanted my best friend back.

I knocked again this time a little harsher getting impatient. "Open up hemmings!" I yelled loudly. The door opened and I saw a very confused looking Jack. "Violet? What are you doing banging on the door?" He asked looking down at me. I was close with jack, seeing I was always at his house but I was embarrassed that he heard me banging at his door.

"Nothing. I just really need to talk to Luke" I said softly. 

"You broke him" 

"What?" I asked looking up at him. "I don't know what happened but you did something to him. He's barely been out of his room. Liz had to drag him out to go to school but that was it. You are the only one who I know that can have that big of an affect on " He said leaning against the door frame. 

"I get it Jack. Now can you please let me in" I said crossing my arms looking up at him. "Feisty little one you are" He laughed opening the door so I could walk in. I walked up the stairs and stood in front of Luke's door. I knocked lightly. 

"Go away violet" I heard him say on the other side of the door not even a second later. I opened the door anyway and walked in. Luke was facing away from me sitting at his desk. "How did you know it was me?" I asked crossing my arms. He turned around sitting in the chair. "I heard you banging at the door" He said crossing his arms mocking me. 

"And you didn't answer?" I asked kinda hurt dropping my hands. "If I wanted to talk you I would go over to your house and talk to you" He rolled his eyes turning back around to his desk. "Yeah well Luke if you didn't notice i'm not one to sit around and let you slip away from me" I snapped walking over to him.

"Whatever violet" He mumbled. He glanced over at me one more time and I saw his eyes travel up to my head. "Who's beanie is that?" He asked pointed to my head. I looked to the side.

"Michael's"

He huffed turning back around. "I don't understand why you're mad" I mumbled quietly. He turned around and slowly stood up looking at me with furrowed eyebrows. "Don't understand why I'm mad?" He asked licking his lips narrowing his eyes. 

I nodded.

"Well lets see violet" He said towering over me. "I poured my heart out to you and you kissed me. You kissed me. Then Michael comes walking in and then you kiss him. When you had kissed me seconds before! Then avoided me and spent the day at his house. I was waiting around like an idiot! Thinking of you while you were with him. God I'm so fucking stupid!" He yelled running his hands through his hair and pacing away from me. 

"So I'm sorry violet if me being 'mad' is affecting your perfect little world where you got the guy you wanted in the end" He said shaking his head and sitting back down at his chair. "Because I didn't get the girl I wanted in the end" He mumbled quietly looking down at his hands. I felt myself tear up.

"I don't know what to say Luke" I mumbled looking down at my shoes not letting him see the tears that were pooling in my eyes threatening to fall. "Leave" He snapped pointing to the door. I shook my head my lip quivering. 

"Leave god dammit" He yelled standing up from him chair making me flinch. "No" My voice broke looking up at him. "I'm afraid if I leave you'll never talk to me again" I sniffled wiping my nose finally letting a tear run down my face. He sighed and looked to the floor. "Don't cry" He said quietly looking up at me. "I'm sorry" I cried backing up and sitting on his bed trying not sob. 

"For everything" I said putting my face in my hands and shaking my head. A few minutes later I felt the bed dip next to me. "I think you need to go just for now okay?" He said softer than he did the first time. I lifted my head and looked at him. 

"Okay" My voice broke standing up. I walked towards the door and looked back at him once before leaving.

-

I started to walk to Michael's house because I needed a distraction from the entire Luke situation. It started to ran a little bit and I looked down at my feet as I splashed in the puddles forming. I tugged the beanie to cover my ears as it started to get cold.

I could finally see Michael's house in view. I could feel myself smiling at the sight of his house. That decided it for me. I could smile at the thought of being with Michael. I smiled at the sight of his house. Michael was the one I wanted to be with. 

I felt my smile start to fade when I saw a familiar car in the parking lot. 

"No" My voice broke.

There's no way.

I quickly walked up to the car. Brooke's car. I looked up at the house. I don't want to think about what could be happening in there. I felt tears start to form in my eyes. Suddenly I heard the door to the house open. I turned quickly and saw Brooke walk out and close the door slowly.

I noticed she had a backpack on. She saw me quickly standing by her car and smiled. "Hey Andrews" She smiled walking over to me as if nothing was going on. 

"W-What are you doing here?" I asked trying to blink away my tears. The last thing I wanted was for her to see me in a vulnerable position. "Oh Michael didn't tell you?" She smiled leaning against her car. I felt a tear fall down my cheek. 

"I spent the weekend at his house" She said smiling turning her head to the side. I quickly wiped my cheek. "Y-you're lying" I said quickly shaking my head. She rolled her eyes. "Honey, why would lie?" She asked annoyed. "It's not like he was yours anyways, we were never really over" She shrugged. 

I tried not to let her see how upset I was but I couldn't help it.

"Oh my gosh!" She laughed looking at me. "You thought you too were actually a thing" She said looking down at me. I crossed my arms and looked to the side. "Don't be so stupid Violet. You really thought Michael would date someone like you?" She laughed shaking her head. "You've never been anything more than a tutor sweetie" She said pulling the beanie off my head and placing it on her own. 

"Well it was nice talking to you but I have some plan b's to take. Bye now" She smiled waving at me before getting in to her car. I watched a she drove away. 

I was completely heartbroken. I felt like someone dangled something I wanted so bad right out of reach but tricked me into thinking I had gotten it. I wiped away my tears as I started to walk back home seeing there was no point in actually going into Michael's house anymore seeing that what ever we had was basically a lie.

There was only one think I knew what I wanted to do right now. 

-

I pounded loudly on the door. A few seconds later the door opened.

"Vee? Why are you crying-"

I quickly grabbed Lukes face and pressed my lips against his. It took him a second to react before him felt him kissing back.

word count: 1367

heyooo hope you guys liked the chapter. I just bought tickets to see yungblud in September super excited.

Also if you're reading this an your a youngin a 'plan b' is a pill you take the day after so you dont get prego :)