Chapter 10

Tears began falling from her face. "Taylor...I can't." Karlie whispered to her. Taylor grabbed her face shushing her. "It's going to be okay. shhhh." Taylor whispered to her. "I don't want to be with him...I don't want to be with him." Karlie whispered. "Shhh baby, I know. Get dressed come on." Taylor said giving her a peck and rushing over to get her clothes.

"THAT'S IT! I'M COMING IN IN 3....2...." Karlie desperately looked around the room for an escape. She suddenly got an idea and crawled under the bed. Taylor, now dressed sighed in relief opening the door. "Are you fucking kidding me?" Taylor said trying to play it off. "MOVE THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY! I know she's in here!!" Tanner pushes past her making his way into her room.

"No she isn't you fucking asshole! Get the hell out!" Taylor cried. Tanner looked around the room and suddenly calmed. "Oh, I'm sorry..." he said embarrassed. Karlie's hands were shaking with fear under the bed. Her heart was racing. "Like hell you are." Taylor said rolling her eyes and pushing him out and shutting the door.

"Is everything okay? We heard screaming!" Riley shouted from the hallway. "Yeah, we're fine!" Tanner answered before Taylor could. Karlie had her eyes shut tightly, horrified. "Hey Kare Bear" Taylor whispered causing Karlie to open her eyes. The girl was looking at her out from under the bed. Karlie felt a sense of peace looking into the girl's eyes and at her smile.

"Want to come out?" She asked offering her hand for the girl to take. Karlie took it getting from under the bed and standing to her feet. "We should get downstairs. You should go through the window and tell them you went for a jog." Taylor suggested. Karlie nodded. "The jump doesn't seem too far. Escaping through your window. So romantic." Karlie chuckled. "Romeo, oh Romeo" Taylor teased dramatically touching her forehead and falling back into Karlie's arms. Karlie quickly catches her.

The girl's burst with laughter then share a peck.
*************
Luckily Tanner believed the story about Karlie going jogging which made breakfast more pleasant than she thought it was going to be. The table was full of breakfast foods. Vegan to Karlie's liking. "So he kicks the ball over to me and I score a goal! I carry that team on my back!" Tanner states in a cocky manner.

"Oh wow! That's fantastic Tanner!" Riley says sarcastically. Karlie holds back a laugh hoping he doesn't notice. Zach clearly seems uninterested. Taylor giggles. Luckily Tanner doesn't catch on. Honestly Karlie wished he would leave. She looks out at the beach from the window. Her stare was longing. Taylor noticed this tilting her head in curiosity. "Are you okay Kare Bear?" She leans over and whispers in her ear, lightly touching her hand under the table.

The hairs on Karlie's arms stood up. "Y-Yeah." She stammered smoking at the beautiful blonde. Zach and Riley notice the way the look at each other smiling. Tanner looks over growing annoyed, pulls her chair closer to him and places his arm around her shoulder. "What's on your mind babe?" He asked snapping her out out of her moment.

"Oh nothing. Just school stuff." She lies turning a bright red. Taylor pulled her hand away. Karlie instantly missed the contact. "Relax. I'm sure everything will be fine when you get back. Let's just enjoy this mini vacation." He said leaning over and kissing her on the lips. His lips were rough as usual and the kiss didn't feel good. Taylor turned away. Riley made barfing noises causing Zach to snicker.

**************
The beach was crowded with people. There was a stage set up and a concert going on. A band played music sounding like twee/surf rock. Beach goers drank, talked , danced to the music. "What band did you say was playing here?" Karlie asked looking over at Riley. "Alvvays" he answered. The people around them sang along to the music, "HEEEEEY! HEEEEEY! MARRY ME, AAAAARCHIE!". The group found a spot moving along to the music.

Karlie had ended up between Taylor and Tanner. This should be interesting. Halfway through the song Karlie looked over at Taylor who had taken off her shirt revealing a yellow polka dot bikini top as well as her matching bottoms. Karlie blushes at this.