chapter 3

Sultana awoke to the sound of women laughing and chattering, children running around the house, her mom and aunties giving orders here and there. Their house was filled with energy and the bestirs of people, who had traveled from far and wide for her wedding. Everybody was astonished when they saw her, they teased her endlessly, she was shy as she greeted aunties, grandmas and old family friends. Who called her amarya! amarya! Bride to be. Her cheeks burned cause of all the smiles. She was informed that the mai gyaran jiki, had arrived, she'd been coming since the past week, applying all sort of mixtures from the crown of her head to the tip of her toes, she always scented amazing, after it, her skin smoothened and glistened and she felt refreshed, her sisters too were also getting glammed up. "Ya Sultana even your breadth is scenting of perfume." Afrah said. "I feel like a bride too, I should be doing this more often." Nasreen said touching her soft cheeks.

The next day was henna ceremony, two days were left for the wedding, it was a women's only event, and was held in the Sulyman household all of her friends and cousins, and family was gathered to celebrate the ceremony. The living room sofa's were lined against the walls, the tables were moved out, There was colorful and oriental design, at the center of the the living room henna platters were set and everybody got their hands and legs adorned with henna. But Sultana's was more subtle, the lady designing the henna drew refined and delicate patterns on her hands and feet. It was such a fun day filled with love and laughter.

**
Friday around fiveish was when her friends started arriving for bridal soiree was held at their backyard in the garden, the synthetic grass was perfectly fixed on the ground, they were a flowery backdrop that was filled with different colorful flowers, on it was written Sultana's bridal soiree with air-filled balloons, the garden looked exquisite, all her friends were dressed in black colored and well-tailored dresses, with flowery tiara, 's on their heads, while Sultana was dressed in a white straight gown that accentuated svelte figure, all her curves were in requisite proportions, appreciating her long and slender legs.

**Friday around fiveish was when her friends started arriving for bridal soiree was held at their backyard in the garden, the synthetic grass was perfectly fixed on the ground, they were a flowery backdrop that was filled with different colorful f...

She wore a beautiful flowery tiara, different from the bridesmaids. Afrah did minimal nude makeup for her, she looked so enthralling. The bridal shower was fun, as it was only girls, they were a lot of snacks things to eat, samosas, spring rolls, parfait, glazed donuts, cakesicles, steaks, mojito's, fruit kebabs, chocolate fountain.

They danced and took pictures with Sultana's digital camera. Sultana watched how Hal and her sisters danced happily, she was happy she didn't know when she started dancing with Hal, everybody made space for her the way she danced was too good not to be noticed, just in an elegant grace. They never knew she could dance that much. She danced not because she was happy she was getting married, she danced because that might be the last time she would maybe dance like that, she was  dancing into a new life, she hoped she found happiness.

Her aunties teased her, "Ashe haka kike? muna ganin ki shuru shuru ashe ke A ce. so this is how you are, we to see you so quiet so you are A." She laughed. One  would think she was the happiest bride on earth. Sultana smiled as she watched all the videos and pictures, it was the first time she was genuienly happy since the announcement of her wedding.