chapter 32

Heartbeats were escalating, Sultana was seeing what her mind was not ready to accept, blood rushed over her body as she saw Sultan and Manal pressed to the wall. Her bag slipped from her hand. Sultan stood frozen. As he saw his wife.

Manal shamelessly walked out. Sultana stood numb as Manal walked past her and said "You think he is only yours, we shall see."

Sultana was wholly speechless, unable to react to Manal's jibes.

Sultan tried talking to Sultana, she raised her hands in the air to stop him from talking. She picked her bag and left.

Her hands tightened on her steering wheel, her knuckles turned white due to the amount of will she was trying to stop herself from bursting into flames.

She parked her car some blocks away from Hal's house. She cried and cried. Thank heavens her car was tinted or else people will never mind their business. When there were no tears left to cry she came out of her car.

"Salam Alaikum."

Hal opened the door and embraced her friend in a warm hug. "I missed you, where have you been all this while Susu?" When she broke the hug, she noticed something was amiss with Sultana.

"Are you crying? let's go inside."

Hal handed her a tissue box. And watched her friend cry out her eyes. After Sultana was saturated she sniffled.

"Are you done?" Sultana nooded. "Can you tell me what happened now?"

"I don't know why I am crying like this Hal."

"It is allowed Susu, but don't let it overwhelm you, every tear should live its purpose don't wipe the reason." Sultana forced a smile.

"Where is my baby?" "I put her to sleep she has been restless since." "Where is Ya Imran?" "He went to work."

"So what is making my Susu cry?"

Sultana's eyes brimmed with tears again. Hal gathered her broken friend in a warm embrace.

Sultana explained to Hal what she witnessed earlier. "You said Sultan was pressed to the wall and Manal was pressed to him?" "Yes Hal."

"But Susu you know your husband, he would'nt do that to you?"

"The truth is Hal, I don't know what to think again. He told me he was getting married to Manal."

"Sultan said that?" "Yes, he did." "He cannot be serious, I am sure," Hal said not believing her ears. Sultana explained all the events that had been taking place for the past months of her life.
Hal cried with her. As baby Rizqa latched unto her breast. "Sultana you can't stress yourself like this, in your condition, please stop crying and fretting over things. You should hear Sultan out, the Sultan I know will never do this. What is happening to the best lovers in the world? if you guys are fighting, everybody should be fighting too." Hal said perplexedly. Making Sultana snide a little.

"So what did Manal do after you she saw you?"

"Does she have to say anything Hal?"

Sultana carried Rizqa and kissed her forehead making her giggle. "Aww aren't you the cutest baby on earth, don't worry you will have friends soon to play with."

"Shut up!!!! Susu they are twins?" Hal said with a zing in her voice. Sultana nodded. Her lips curved into a small smile.

"Omg omg this is huge!! She hugged her, May Allah grant you ease and patience during this time of your life." This was the first time Sultana was genuinely happy since she discovered she was having twins.