chapter 13

"Hey, Sultana tell me already that I am going to be an aunt?" Hal said with gusto.

"Hi, Hal it is Sultan speaking." "Oh! Sultan good evening." "Good evening, yes, Hal you are going to be an aunt insha Allah," Hal screamed. "Oh my gosh, I am on cloud nine, congratulations Sultan, where is she?" "She is throwing up." "Eeek! you better brace yourself for the next months of your life, congratulations again, Allah ya raba lafiya."

"Ameen ya Rabbi, let me start attending to my duties thank you, Hal."

"I just found out about you and I have already drained out of my energy please baby be kind." Sultan placed his hand on her stomach. "Take it easy on maama, we love you, and can't wait to have you in our arms, how are you feeling now?" "A little lightheaded and I feel like eating something already." "Say anything you want, and I will get it for you this minute."

"Hmm," Sultana said thoughtfully "I want the tacos we ate in Italy."

"I am sorry what?"

"Yeah, with extra toppings."

"You have got to be kidding me!"

"Yeah, I am, you should have seen your face."

"Okay, what do you want?"

"Hmmm," She started to think again.

"From Nigeria, only." He added, and she smacked his shoulders. "I want mango."

"Why Sultana, it is not even the season for mangoes." "I know, but that is what your baby wants, an unripe mango fresh from the tree." That is ridiculous Sultana." "You are going to make me cry, Sultan."

"Sorry Hubb," He rubbed her back gently. "I will tell Emmanuel to get the unripe mango okay."

"I want to go with you so I can see Emmanuel's expression when you tell him you want unripe mangoes." "This baby is making my wife go bananas." "Sultan, are you calling me crazy?" "You know I didn't mean it."

"Emmanuel." "Yes sir."
"I want unripe mangoes please." "Okay, sir." He said sceptically scratching the back of his head. "What is it, Emmanuel?"

"Sir I don't know where to get mango this season." "So how are we going to do, my wife said she wants mango."

"Unripe," Sultana added

"Madam I am sorry but are you well?"

She chuckled, "I am well, I just feel like eating unripe mango."

"This is serious, one time when my wife was pregnant she said she wanted to eat unripe pawpaw, I had to climb the tree to get it for her."

They all laughed.

"Emmanuel, you said you climbed the tree to get the mangoes right?"

"Yes, I did, ma'am if you want me to climb I will."

"No, it is okay Emmanuel everyone should carry his cross I want him to climb." She smiled mischievously at Sultan.

"Wait what, why Sultana, we don't even have a mango tree in this house."

"Yeah, but there is one down the street." "I knew I should have gotten you that taco,I swear down, let's go." He grabbed her hands.

"You know the last time I climbed a tree was over twenty years ago Sultana." Then you are about to repeat history Sultan." She smiled mischievously at him.

He got himself to the tree. "Careful Sultan". "Of course, I want to be able to carry this child." He climbed up the tree so fast. "You didn't say you were a monkey before?"