chapter 16

This chapter is dedicated to you my sweetheart @muhibbadam.😍😍😍

"Good afternoon Hajiya, welcome." Emmanuel said cheerfully.  "How are you, Emmanuel?" "I am fine Hajiya, I didn't know you were coming." "Where is everybody?" "They all went to work."
"Okay, do you have the house key?"
"Yes, here it is."

Eerywhere was spick and span she thought. She kept her luggage in the living room and went to the kitchen. I am going to cook for my son today. She said in her mind.

"Welcome, ma'am," Emmanuel opened the gate for Sultana.

"Thank you, Emmanuel, how many times will I have to tell you not to call me ma'am, call me Sultana, na pikin I be abeg." Sultana teased, making Emmanuel laugh. "No, you are my madam, and I respect you a lot, oga's mother is around she came two hours ago."

"Okay." She said skeptically. Sultan did not inform her. She saw her luggage in the living room and wondered where she was until she heard the clattering of dishes from the kitchen. so she went there.

"Mama ina yini." she said as polite as ever, she hunkered down to greet her, the cold reply she was expecting was served.  "lafiya lau," she said firmly.

"I didn't know you were coming, I would have prepared something for you earlier." Sultana said calmly.

"How would you know, and who wants to eat the nonsense that you cook? that is why I came so that I can cook for my son since you come back late from work and leave my son to starve, I heard he even bought you a car, don't you have your car?"
Sultana stood rooted on the spot, with her head bowed, trying to be as polite as possible.

"I will just take your bag upstairs to the room."

"No, take it to my son's room. ko zaki hana ni, or are you going to stop me?"

"Of course not." She took the luggage to Sultan's room, and cleared some of her stuff that was in the room. She was not ready for any of her never-ending dramas as she had gotten used to it, she promised herself never to fret over such trivial matters, and besides she had something more important to think about, she wrapped her hand round her flat tummy protectively.

"Hubb! he called out, but she did not answer, instead, he was greeted with the image of his mother, and he was surprised. "Mama ina yini," he bent down to show respect. "I did not know  you were coming."

"So a mother can't see her son again, I came for a business deal I will be going back tomorrow, I wanted to see you and make sure you are fine."
"I am fine mom thanks, Sultana is taking care of me if that is what you want to hear." Rakiya looked at him and shook her head, she knew she had lost her son.

"Where is Sultana mom?"
"She should be upstairs sleeping as usual."
"It is because she is tired I guess."
"Hurry up and freshen up, I cooked for you."

"Thank you, mom, did sultana eat anything at all?"
"Why are you asking me all these silly questions, she is in her room go and ask her."

Why can't his mom ever live in peace with his wife, would they ever come a day when they would live in peace with his wife? He thought desolately. He strode to her room, she was sleeping on her right side with her hands wrapped in feirce protection around her stomach. He plastered a soft kiss on her forehead and she stirred from her sleep.

"Hey, Mia you are home, welcome."
"Thank you, how are my babies doing?" She smiled faintly at him.
"We are doing just fine, but this child loves to make me sleep, I pray it won't sleep more than me in future."