chapter 8

This chapter is dedicated to @mayaToTheWorld Thanks for a the hype sweetheart 😇😇😇.

Sultan spoke timidly in a tremulous voice. "I don't know how many times I am going to apologize for how badly you are treated, I am so sorry, sorrier than you can ever imagine." Sultan held out her hands. "It is okay Sultan, I don't want this causing a rift between you and your family."
"But we can't keep acting everything is fine when it's not Sultana." "What are you going to do Sultan? as long as you've got my back that is enough for me."

Sultan was speechless, at that moment he didn't know what to do, he stepped forward and opened his arms wide for her to walk in, she did so, effortlessly. Sultan brought her close to his heart and rubbed her back soothingly. "Don't worry Sultana, we are going to be alright, no one will ever come between us."
Sultana pulled the hug apart, and whispered; 'Thank you, and that Manal, look how she was all over you." "So someone is jealous eh," Sultan said lifting her jaw upwards, his gaze roamed over her sweet lips.
"Boy, bye." She rolled her eyes skywards and made her way to the passenger seat.

He drove them to her parent's house, the ride was silent. Sultana was texting on her phone. Now she was mad when she thought about what transpired earlier with Hajia Kande, and Manal, in fact including Sultan. When they arrived at her parents, she quickly got out of the car without a glance at him. Sultan discerned something was bothering her, what could it be? she was fine minutes ago.
"Sultana, what is it, why the sudden moodiness?" "It's Nothing Sultan, I am fine." She said firmly and walked ahead. He shrugged his shoulders and followed after her.

"Hey, Sis," Sudais hugged her, "How are you big younger brother, where is everyone?" She gave him a side hug. "Ya Imran is in his room, Nasreen went out with mom, and Afrah went to her friend's party, You should have informed them you were coming, they would have all been back earlier, ya Sultan Good Afternoon."
"Hello bro," They did their brotherly handshake and greetings. Sultan reposed on the couch beside Sudais.

"Sultana." "What is it Sultan, do you need anything?" She said tonelessly.

"No, I don't." He said not meeting her gaze, now he was angry with her for ignoring him. Imran came downstairs and saw them playing video games. "Hey, bro! how long have you been here?"  "About fifteen minutes." "Where is Sultana?"  His eyes searched for her. "She went upstairs." "Hope everything's good?"

"I think Sultana might be mad at me, I don't know why, what can I do to make her happy?"

"The  easiest thing you could do now is to get her favorite ice cream, or chocolate, that is what I get her when she is upset, and good for you I might have some in the fridge." Within seconds they were rummaging the fridge. The ice cream not to be found, "Sudais who ate the ice cream I kept?" Imran yelled. "Not me, but it should be Afrah, I saw her last night near the fridge." He smiled it was payback time for Afrah snitching on him days back.

"We have no option but to go for only the chocolate," Imran said handing Sultan the Ferrero Rocher chocolate.  "How do I get to her room?" "Upstairs, by your right, there are three rooms the last one is hers, please put that smile on her face," Imran said mildly.

"I will, Insha Allah," Sultan said jogging to her room He paused to rehearse his speech to her, when he was done, he knocked on the door and heard her soft voice say come in.

The first thing he noticed was her silky curly midnight black hair, she let it unbound it flowed over her back How much he missed seeing her hair, She sat on the bed and looked at him and then her gaze averted to the chocolate in his hands. And she smiled deep in her soul.