O N E

based off 13.04
the big empty
and based off end of 13.05
advanced thanatology

~*~

     Juno and Benny walked through the forest as they were making their way towards the center of Purgatory. Juno was told of the risks for going through the alleged needle, but she needed to get back to Earth. She couldn't just leave Jack, she made a promise to Kelly, and she was going to keep it. 

     "So, this kid you're trying to get back to, how important is he?" Benny asked. 

     "Uh, pretty important," Juno answered him. "He's Lucifer's kid, so..." 

     "Lucifer has a kid?" Benny asked. He let out a small laugh as he shook his head. "You all have really progressed in the messing up department." 

     "Yeah, it's really astonishing," Juno said with a sight laugh. "Granted, I haven't been there for everything, but I know a majority of it." 

     "I trust that those boys are handling everything, even if it does blow up in their faces," Benny said with a small chuckle. "And this angel, what's so important about him?" Juno took a sharp breath as she looked at Benny. 

     "He's... He's the best thing that's ever happened to me. Not to sound cheesy, but I'm being serious," Juno said as she continued to walk. "Best thing right next to my sister. No one can replace her." 

     "That's sweet," Benny said with a smile. 

    "You said angels don't come here when they die," Juno started as she looked at Benny. "Where do they go?" 

          *****

     Castiel stood from the black floor and began looking around. He was confused, and beyond questioning how he got here. 

     "Hello?" Castiel called. "Hello?" No response again. "Hello?!" Suddenly, the sound of bubbling made Castiel turn around. A figure grew out of the floor, and replicated Castiel perfectly. "What are you?" 

     "Oh, I'm just your friendly neighborhood cosmic entity," the entity said with a sheepish smile and upbeat tone. 

     "Why do you look like me?" Castiel asked confused. 

     "Oh, yes. Yes, yes. Well, I show up in my real form, and you freak out, rip out your own eyes, et cetera. That would be embarrassing, wouldn't it? For both of us," the entity said with a slight shrug. 

     "What is this place?" Castiel asked looking. 

     "Oh, yes. Excellent question. You see, before God and Amara, creation, destruction, Heaven, Hell, your precious little Earth, what was there?" the entity asked. 

     "Nothing," Castiel answered. 

     "Yes. That's right. Nothing. Nothing but Empty. And you are soaking in it. Angels and demons, you all come here when you die," the entity said nonchalantly. 

     "Every angel that ever died is here?" Castiel asked looking around.  

     "Yes, sleeping an endless peaceful sleep. You know I... I was sleeping, too. Hey, uh, since we're pals, there's something I've gotta know. I've just gotta ask. Hmm. Why are you awake?" the entity asked stopping in front of Castiel. "'Cause fun fact—in all of forever, nothing ever wakes up here. I mean, ever. Ever. And second fun fact—when you woke up, I woke up, and I don't like being awake. So...what's up, smart guy?"