5

            Its been about two months since I last saw any of the girls. It was the last night I had been out as well.

Alexi and his lover disappeared, I felt rather than saw what they were doing. Bella's inquisitive eyes stayed on me as I excused myself for a glass of water as I nearly collapsed into a chair.

The pain had been excruciating. Terrible enough that had me thinking the closer they were, the more painful the bond would lash out on me. Angry that I was letting it continue.

It didn't realize I didn't have a choice.

My period never came.

And I cried nearly every day for a month after Alexi would leave. I would sob into my hands as I sat on the toilet, praying to get my period.

And when I began to spot, light blood staining my underwear. I wanted to praise the Goddess for taking away a child who would never truly have a life.

But the bleeding stopped, and my stomach began to grow slowly.

Not enough for Alexi to notice, but enough that I cursed the Goddess daily. Cursing her for not taking the child that I didn't want. Condemning her for not listening to my prayers of keeping a child away.

I had grown spiteful of the Goddess.

Of the life, she just sentenced my unborn child to.

And the day Alexi found out, would be the day that the beginning of my own demise began.

He wouldn't let the child die, not after trying so long to conceive one.

And any day now, he would see the growing bump that I had managed to conceal with larger clothes and hoodies, claiming I wasn't feeling very good. He didn't care, not that I ever thought he would.

I had kept my secret hidden for two months.

Two long, stressful months that I had tried to keep under the wraps. And a pair of loose lips gave me up.

He came home early. He wasn't playing any games as he stormed into the cabin and settled down in front of where I sat in the kitchen chair trying to catch my breath.

"I heard some interesting news today."

My heart leaped to my throat as I suppressed a sigh. He knew. I knew right then and here that he knew exactly what had happened. If he listened hard enough, he could hear his child's heart beating wildly inside of me.

This felt like Deja vu. Him storming in and demanding answers when he refused to talk to me when he came for the night.

"Did you?" My breaths were heavy as he narrowed his eyes.

"Yes, Jessi was very concerned about you." I resisted dropping my head in defeat. Of course, Jessi would have asked about me.

I turned my eyes to look up at him, flinching back at his glaring eyes. "Concerned about me, for what?"