Dos

"She's not coming back."

"She has to."

Stiles Stilinski sighed as he glanced at his best friend. "Is this about losing Allison?"

Scott McCall sighed as he sat on the edge of his bed. "What kind of person would I be if I let another person leave my life? I couldn't save Allison. But I can bring Cheyanne back."

"Scott, it doesn't work like that. Cheyanne left for a reason. Losing her parents because of Peter, her sister left. Don't you think she's feeling the same way you are right now? That she couldn't save Allison either? They were best friends, and now Allison's gone. Cheyanne needs space."

"But I bit her, Stiles. She needs to come back."

"Why? So she can be reminded of everything she lost. She lost her family, her best friend. And now she's losing her humanity and will become a werewolf. Don't you get it, Scott? She's not coming back. Not until she's ready.

Meanwhile, Cheyanne got ready for work. She secretly hoped that Iris wasn't there, but knew that it wouldn't occur.

When she arrived, the first thing she saw was Iris' smile as she walked in.

"Hi, Cheyanne. It's good to see you!"

Cheyanne gave her a half smile and walked off. Not that she didn't want to be rude, but Cheyanne didn't know what to say. She began to work after her training and later that day, she saw a familiar face in the entrance.

"Barry!"

Iris went to give him a hug and she watched as his eyes lit up. She could tell he had feelings for her; she had seen those same eyes between Scott and Allison. Shaking her head from those thoughts, she continued to work and took the customer's order.

"Cheyanne, look who's here."

Cheyanne's eyes met those of Barry, who looked surprised to find her there, and continued to work.

"She works here?"

Iris nodded. "Yeah. She just started yesterday. Talk to her."

Iris gave him a push and Barry hesitantly approached her once the last customer left the line.

"Uh, hi."

"Hi."

Cheyanne placed the change in its place as Barry watched.

"So, where did you move from?" He questioned after a few seconds.

"Beacon Hills."

"Where's that?"

"Not close."

Cheyanne's eyes met with those of Barry instantly, and he could see her emotions in her eyes, ones that he couldn't identify. "Sorry. That came out wrong. I just don't like making small talk. I don't plan on staying here for too long so I apologize for my attitude in advance."

"Why'd you come here? I mean, like, what made you choose Central City?"

"I just needed to get out of there. I couldn't stay there. Not after-"

Barry noticed Cheyanne's grief written on her face. "Hey, you don't have to tell me. I mean, we just met. Whatever happened, it's none of my business."

Cheyanne glanced up at Barry to find that he was walking back to Iris. She sighed and felt terrible for being so hard to Barry, but the last time she trusted people, her life changed forever.

Her phone vibrated again and she saw Scott's face again and finally answered, going outside to answer.

"I'm not coming back, Scott."