Cinco

3 Months Later

Scott was sitting on the couch of his living room, his leg bouncing up and down which Lydia had enough of so she placed her hand on his leg to stop it.

"Enough."

Scott sighed. "I just don't know what to do. Cheyanne is one of my closest friends and I want to help her. She needs someone."

"And she will. She'll find someone wherever she is that can help her."

"But what if they try to kill her?"

"Scott," he glanced at Kira, "Cheyanne's smart. She's been by your side for a long time. I think she knows how to protect herself. Maybe she's learned from you."

Scott shook his head. "There has to be a way to help her. To bring her back."

Stiles glanced at his best friend with a look. "Scott, she's gone. She's not going to be coming back within the next couple of months. She lost someone that meant a lot to her and her humanity. You of all people should know what that's like. Allison was always there for her. She always had Cheyanne's back and now she's gone. You saw how Cheyanne broke down when she saw Allison get stabbed. We all did."

Scott could vividly remember the sound of Cheyanne's crying which broke his heart. He knew that the two of them were inseparable since the first couple of days that they met.

"Or maybe you want her to need you. Maybe this has nothing to do with Allison, but the fact that you can't accept the fact that Cheyanne's gone. She left because she couldn't stand being here, being around us, without Allison here. Maybe that's what this is about."

Kira and Lydia were quiet as Scott and Stiles stared at one another.

Stiles had a point, however. Even if Scott didn't want to admit it, he knew Cheyanne wasn't going to come back anytime soon. But he wanted her to come back so he wouldn't feel like he let another person down.

Meanwhile, Cheyanne was walking down the street as she followed her route to the scent she'd been following for the past months. She didn't know whose scent it was, but she recognized it somewhere.

It had also been a while since she'd seen Barry. She didn't ask Iris about him and Iris didn't mention him to her when they spoke occasionally.

Iris also wasn't at work as much as she used to be. Cheyanne didn't want to pry, but knew that something was going on. During one of her shifts, Iris was working and had a smile on her face.

"Hey, Cheyanne."

"Hi. You look like you're in a good mood."

"I am. There's this guy, a cop, that I started talking to. His name's Eddie and he's really sweet."

Cheyanne heard Iris' heart skip a couple of beats and could tell Iris really liked this guy.

"I'm glad you found someone."

"Thank you. Are you seeing anyone special? Or back in Beacon Hills, did you have a boyfriend?"

Cheyanne shook her head. "No. I didn't and I don't right now."

After their shift, Cheyanne went back to her hotel and closed the curtains. She closed her eyes and shifted into a cat.

For the past three months, she had been training by herself in her hotel room and learning how to control during the full moon. The two things she didn't like was that couldn't get drunk anymore, and that every month she went into heat.

The first time she went through her heat, Cheyanne felt like she was going to lose her mind. She ended up hooking up with a random guy she met in a bar. They went back to his place and had sex, but the guy fell asleep as Cheyanne was ready to go again. So she left him asleep on his bed without any note or explanation.

The next two months that she was on her heat were the same. She found a guy at a bar, hooked up with him, and left him as he slept. She also had to hold back on them, as she didn't want her claws to hurt them.

She, currently, was just walking around the room in cat form when her phone suddenly rang. She shifted back and glanced at her phone. She saw that it was Scott again, and again, let it go to voicemail. He didn't leave one, which was a bit surprising. 

Meanwhile, Iris was in the hospital with Joe glancing at her best friend through the doors. 

"I'm going to tell Cheyanne about Barry. She deserves to know."

"Does she? I mean, has she asked you about him?"

"Well, no, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't know. He used to come in often and she probably has noticed that he hasn't been coming in for the past 3 months. It's been 3 months, dad."

Joe sighed. "Okay. If you want to tell her, go ahead."

Iris gave her dad a small, soft smile before taking her phone out and calling Cheyanne.

Her phone rang again and she shifted back to answer the call, since it was Iris.

"Hey, Iris."

"Cheyanne, I have to tell you something."

"Sure, what is it?"

"You know how Barry hasn't been to Jitters in the past 3 months?"

"Yeah? Is he okay?"

"No, he's not. There was an accident 3 months ago. Barry's in the hospital."

Cheyanne's breath hitched. She knew something was going on, but didn't think it was something like this.

"Text me the hospital. I'm on my way."

Cheyanne left the hotel and called a taxi to take her to the hospital. When she got there, she was about to text Iris when her name was called.

Iris was waiting by the entrance and attacked Cheyanne in a hug. She saw Joe over Iris' shoulder and could smell the grief and the pain coming from both of them. 

"Can I see him?"

"They won't let us in, but I can take show you where the room is."

Iris led her to the room and from the small window, Cheyanne could see Barry lying on the bed with wires attached to his body. Cheyanne cracked the door open a little and put her ear into the crack.

"Cheyanne."

She concentrated on his breathing and tried to find a heartbeat to see if he was alive. She heard the machines and the doctor and nurses, but couldn't hear Barry.

But then, she heard it

A heartbeat that was going was too fast 

Barry's heartbeat

Which meant that he was alive